Where to find a Fraser river style anchor in grande prairie?

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a Fraser river style anchor for my jet boat. Just wondering if anyone know which welding shops make these or where I could find one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got one in Leduc.
a457c1dafcb42eaff9de2c1c20d4d504.jpg

They break down

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would depend how big your caddy is. The bars are 12” wide and 14” tall. Weigh close to 40 pounds. No break away I found out that’s not the best. Use the side now seems better and works better. Break aways are always broken so the anchors never hook

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would depend how big your caddy is. The bars are 12” wide and 14” tall. Weigh close to 40 pounds. No break away I found out that’s not the best. Use the side now seems better and works better. Break aways are always broken so the anchors never hook

Can you explain what you mean by using the side now? Fairly new to jet boating, and do you make lighters ones? My boat is a 16ft and only weighs 1200lbs

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean by using the side now? Fairly new to jet boating, and do you make lighters ones? My boat is a 16ft and only weighs 1200lbs

Slide not side. Instead of break away I put a slide on it (round bar on the anchor) if it gets stuck you drive up past the anchor and the chain slides up towards the end and turns it out. I don’t make lighter ones at the moment. I repair impellers and that’s so busy I have a hard time finding time.

markl11

Reaction score
I use a 26# Fish Fighter anchor, nest, buoy, bag and slider system. I'm very impressed how everything work together. Not in GP but when I ordered only took 1-2 weeks to get.

Attachments

• ITD5030-FFP-26lbs-Columbia-River-Anchors-Main-Image.jpg
    ITD5030-FFP-26lbs-Columbia-River-Anchors-Main-Image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 96
Top Bottom