Quartz Creek 2011/12

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were at the saddle at the back of Lang at the Park sign looking down to the left is Grizzly Creek. Looking down to the right is East Quartz which is also accessible from Quartz Creek. Lots of guys call the micro bowl as you enter Lang on the left side Little Grizzly bowl too... hope that helps.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were at the saddle at the back of Lang at the Park sign looking down to the left is Grizzly Creek. Looking down to the right is East Quartz which is also accessible from Quartz Creek. Lots of guys call the micro bowl as you enter Lang on the left side Little Grizzly bowl too... hope that helps.

so is lang accessible from east quartz via quartz stagging area then? or vice versa I guess..... or is the park in the way? in therory about the same distnace or what you think? but the ride from gorman to lang is too fun.....

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is lang accessible from east quartz via quartz stagging area then? or vice versa I guess..... or is the park in the way? in therory about the same distnace or what you think? but the ride from gorman to lang is too fun.....

Yes you can ride from Gorman to Quartz via East Quartz. East Quartz is easier to get to from the Gorman side but it is doable from both sides.

I have also heard people refer to East Quartz as Grizzly, I believe the Golden Tourism Travel Planner calls it Grizzly. I have heard older guys refer to it as "The 50".

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any new snow in golden?

There was about 8" of new snow at the staging area of Silent Pass yesterday.

It was left over AB snow which I hadn't cleaned off and fell off my truck in a little pile by the back tire. Is it illegal to bring AB snow into BC without a permit? :)

Rideordie

Reaction score
Looking like a storm starts on thursday and goes through the weekend! Should be good snow next week Im hoping!!!

summitflex

Reaction score
any update on snow, Heard there was suppossed to be a storm rolling through over the weekend? Coming out for a day ride wednesday, any sugestions on area's? any better than others?

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Customers coming back to the shop said the conditions were pretty good! Like 20-30cm fresh this morning! Got me excited!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Customers coming back to the shop said the conditions were pretty good! Like 20-30cm fresh this morning! Got me excited!

fak and I had to bail on tomorrow and a maybe for thursday now,,,

thanks for the update

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fak and I had to bail on tomorrow and a maybe for thursday now,,,

thanks for the update

maybe fate is on your side, still lots of stumps and rocks just under the surface. need more freakin snow. a little at a time.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Larry, Thanks for showing us around on Sun. We had a great ride and the snow was good.

cool had a good time , you guys are great to ride with will do again. had to take a couple tyelenol 3's, shoulder was a lot better the next day. i guess ya need to stay on the sled when ya want to go downhill. who'd a thunkit. hehe.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are u falling off again Larry.
Did he end up in a creek ????
Or does he just do it when we go with him

Sent from my HTC- using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are u falling off again Larry.
Did he end up in a creek ????
Or does he just do it when we go with him

Sent from my HTC- using Tapatalk

man tex i was lookin fer ya. went to cross the creek , just as i got there the snow covering collapsed and i was looking at a 6 ft+ hole. man i was fooked almost. got the beast out of there. but was thinkin of ya.

did a turn out on a climb and wrenched the shoulder, couldn't raise the arm above the waist. friggin lookin for mom or a bottle of tylenol. hehe

i'm gonna have to bring a fishin rod for the creeks, looks like some good fihin down there. hehe

Top Bottom