Quartz Creek 2011/12

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear both of you made it home ok, it got interesting for me once I got by calgary, but I was still back by 8 pm and started working right away. Thanks for having me out there with you guys. I had a blast even tho is didnt do much.

yah!! chestermere!!! fak I almost went for a rip on the lake yesterday I was so itching lol.....

seegs

Reaction score
Ya I am so tempted as well my parents live north of the old waterslide and there is enough snow to go ripping around up there.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I am so tempted as well my parents live north of the old waterslide and there is enough snow to go ripping around up there.

haha yah if this snow stays and we get another blast it would be fun for a quicky down the canal the drifts build up nice.....

Im in rainbowfalls and you?

seegs

Reaction score
I am in lakeview inlet and I have a buddy that lives on the lake too he usually goes tearing up and down the down the canal as soon as the lake is good to ride on

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
head straight south from chesterslew and you hit my folks place (over glenmore trail) - theres an old abandoned railroad and power line right of way fills up big time in January.....last year was almost waist deep..... :) See ya in the canal's.....hahaha

Last edited:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at Quartz today.... well everyone can be proud from the weekend.... tracked out for sure but as usual I still found the spots ofuntouched fresh and even managed to get stuck a couple of times in the trees. great base now :)

Pink Thunder Beth

Reaction score
Nope no one hit the creeks. Seen a few still open and flowing. And LID there was alot and everywhere!

Last edited:

thiels2

Reaction score
Its about half way up the main quartz trail to cabin hang a left at the y you cant miss it takes about 30 min to get in if trail is broke you cross about 30-35 creeks and go up a small waterfall at the end.Great terrain and usually very little traffic.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its about half way up the main quartz trail to cabin hang a left at the y you cant miss it takes about 30 min to get in if trail is broke you cross about 30-35 creeks and go up a small waterfall at the end.Great terrain and usually very little traffic.

is that not into lang creek area.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was always told you could get in or out that way, never tried though.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyones been into Grizzly yet this year?

That's East Quartz, never heard it called Grizzly before. There is a Grizzly creek but it is completely in the park.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible they are one and the same? We were sitting on the top of Lang years ago and commented to a local that was riding with us it would be nice to ride at the bottom of this slope. He called it Grizzly and said it was in the park. He then showed us cabin valley at Quartz and we could see sleds climbing. We could see the trail that goes to the left on the Quartz main trail and he showed us how you could get to Quartz from Lang but you had a couple hundred yards of park running to get there. Thus wondering if they are the same.

Top Bottom