Quad Tire Upgrade...

Coldone

Reaction score
Oh look another tire thread!! So basically I'm completely new to owning a quad.. And I know next to nothing.. Here's my issue.. I have stock tires on stock rims on my 2010 Yamaha Grizzly and the people I ride with have suggested I upgrade the tires.. So I'd like to do that.. Except I don't know the first thing about to upgrade them into.. So here are some questions..1) can I use my stock rims or do I upgrade rims and tires?2) what brands do you suggest for muskeggy areas, with mud and some hard packed dirt road? 3) is there an all purpose tire? 4) where would I buy them from?5) what size tires do I get?I'd really appreciate some info and input.. Or even some links to different tires.. Thanks!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rapid revolutions best tire prices, you do not need to buy new rims as long as the tires don't rub. ask the dealer, or tire installer. bigger tires will require a clutch kit, to spin bigger tires. double check tire diameter installed is what tire states as not all 27 inch tires are a full 27 inches. stay away from true mud tires you won't be happy on gravel dirt roads, they are rough ride.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mostly what ^^^^^^^^^ he said. to be honest, there is really no need to go waaaaaaaaay bigger. i still run stock size on my griz and have yet to see the 27" tire guys on grizz's go where i don't. stock tires do SUCK though. they are only 2 ply rubber, and can get punctured quit easily. most aftermarket tires are 6 ply over the entire tire, including sidewall. you can get radials(like car tires) that are aggressive, but i don't personally like them(most are still 2 ply on the sidewall), cause i've seen a bunch get slashed by rocks, stumps, branches. as far as aggressiveness of the tire. the more aggressive(straight mud tires) the better in MUD, but the more rough on hard pack trail. try to find a good mix. i personally run maxxis mudbugs. love them. great in mud, and still really good on the trail too

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the Mudbugs also, they are one of the cheaper tires out there but I've never had any problems with them

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Kevin at Rapid ,he will set you straight, bugs or zillas are what your after.........................

Coldone

Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate the input! And now to start finding prices

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don`t waste your time ,Rapid is always cheapest,and he supports our sport ,plus he knows his chit................

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep rapid is the place to go and I'm thinking you should get some 27" zillas and I say 27" because they measure on the small side so there closer to 26" and their light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Larry if i had your money i would get ARF to burn mine...................................

you seen arff trying to light a fire, i'm thinkin the forests are gonna grow real old, before he gets it lit.

we'll have to get arff a fire starting kit and firestarter suggestions 101. hehe.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They suck...............

Why's that RZRGADE? Performance in mud/trails? Durability? ...

From what I can see in the pictures and specs, the Mudbug Radials look like a nice cross between a Zilla and a standard Mudbug and have the advantage of being a radial tire without the additional weight. I WAS totally excited to buy a set if they come out with 28's.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why's that RZRGADE? Performance in mud/trails? Durability? ...

From what I can see in the pictures and specs, the Mudbug Radials look like a nice cross between a Zilla and a standard Mudbug and have the advantage of being a radial tire without the additional weight. I WAS totally excited to buy a set if they come out with 28's.

For a the best all round tire zillas are it ( no not mud zillas ).

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Top Bottom