Proclimb issues

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, i will feel pretty bad if my buddies proclimb piles up his first mountain sled that i reccommended over learning on a xp hopefully a fix is found quickly get everybody back out there..............................salesmen at northgate laughed at me said proclimb will destroy 2012 etec i hope he is reading this.

Haha I bet I know which guy said that

insaneboltrounder

Reaction score
Can polaris comes out with the first sled worth having in 10 years and the doos stop wrecking belts every 29 miles and those who own one think they invented sledding.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not even 1% of doo's blew belts, with the number of doo's out there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK guys lets keep it on topic. Cat owners are worried about their sleds. Lets get back to finding what is the issue and how to fix or what to look for before they ride. My daughter just got a 800 and I sure hope she has no issues. This is to help our fellow sledders up not knock them down when they don`t need it. I own a 08 XP Summit. I have been where these guys are now and they dont need the childlike bullying from the rest of you. Let Arctic Cat figure this out and if they can`t or won`t then its time to consider what brand your riding. Until then lets sit back and wait for the info to comre in. Thanks

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There all junk. lol. They all look good but, you buy what you want to be different from your buddy and to kick his azz or try to. So what if cat has a few issues, can't say polaris, skidoo and yamaha haven't had there share of problems. Best bet is to have a good dealer. Of all my new sled I've owned, the longest wait was two F***** month for part. So ya! my winter went by being pretty pissed . Waiting a few days for parts isn't to bad now days. Good luck with the new Cats they look hot.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill post my issues with my M800 on here.

IMO they're going to need venting. When the hood is iced over, heat really builds up and starts to melt plastics like my primary fan, and in turn screws your belt. I think that may also be why my coils failed (display shows ECU 12)

It ran flawlessly for 140 miles, and then the next morning it wouldn't start and when It did start, it would just die. Goes into the dealership tomorrow so they can take a look and replace my parts. Hopefully I can have her back by the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321333202.284230.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321333202.284230.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 581
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321333251.193084.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321333251.193084.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 579

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally a post worth reading and some good insight thank you Suzuki Ryder. Thanks for pics as well.

CatRpillar

Reaction score
+1. Would be great to hear some more first hand reports to see if there really is much of an issue or if this is all just blown way out of proportion.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill post my issues with my M800 on here.

IMO they're going to need venting. When the hood is iced over, heat really builds up and starts to melt plastics like my primary fan, and in turn screws your belt. I think that may also be why my coils failed (display shows ECU 12)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've really been considering removing that plastic fan. Just pulling off all the foam from around the primary will likely allow the clutches to cool as much as anything else by creating more open air space. I couldn't believe how little room there was around the front/side of the primary with that stupid foam in there. All the foam from my side panels/hood has now been replaced with heat tape.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've really been considering removing that plastic fan. Just pulling off all the foam from around the primary will likely allow the clutches to cool as much as anything else by creating more open air space. I couldn't believe how little room there was around the front/side of the primary with that stupid foam in there. All the foam from my side panels/hood has now been replaced with heat tape.

I'm doing the exact same thing when I get it back. The fan is a waste of plastic since it can't physically release air. I'll just keep it in my tool box incase of more warranty work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom