Proclimb issues

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frog skins were all intacat and no peeling edges. ran a 100 to 1 fuel to oil ration in the first tank. i like to tinker with sh!t so i had the entire sled dissasembled the day i got it. air box was clean, and all fluids were full and all i have put on it so far has been a tss can. which sounds great by the way!! also rode with an hcr 800 that ran perfect all day!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frog skins were all intacat and no peeling edges. ran a 100 to 1 fuel to oil ration in the first tank. i like to tinker with sh!t so i had the entire sled dissasembled the day i got it. air box was clean, and all fluids were full and all i have put on it so far has been a tss can. which sounds great by the way!! also rode with an hcr 800 that ran perfect all day!

There are reports of chain-case oil being low? How was yours? Also, some say it sucks in the deep? Thoughts? Steering and stability??

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are reports of chain-case oil being low? How was yours? Also, some say it sucks in the deep? Thoughts? Steering and stability??
when i picked up the sled, the dealer went through every fluid with me and chain case oil was sitting over halfway up the sight glass which is right where its supposed to be and i checked it every few hrs just to make sure it was holding and was fine. as for the deep.... she pulls threw it all!!!! no problem at all!!! i got a 153 and i was riding with my buddy who has a 163 etec and he was the one getting stuck! which was nice for a change! lol

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, i will feel pretty bad if my buddies proclimb piles up his first mountain sled that i reccommended over learning on a xp hopefully a fix is found quickly get everybody back out there..............................salesmen at northgate laughed at me said proclimb will destroy 2012 etec i hope he is reading this.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i picked up the sled, the dealer went through every fluid with me and chain case oil was sitting over halfway up the sight glass which is right where its supposed to be and i checked it every few hrs just to make sure it was holding and was fine. as for the deep.... she pulls threw it all!!!! no problem at all!!! i got a 153 and i was riding with my buddy who has a 163 etec and he was the one getting stuck! which was nice for a change! lol

Hear that Maxwell... you still here???? Helllooooooooo??? :p

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hear that Maxwell... you still here???? Helllooooooooo??? :p
oh forgot to say that the new front suspensions are killer!!! i'll admit the m-series was no picnic up and down the trail but this thing is unreal! rear skid feels great aswell! it felt great on the sidehill, could hold it no problem just like my old unit.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you wearing Flame Resistant pants bud?

There are currently 37 users browsing this thread. (32 members and 5 guests)
  • +

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh forgot to say that the new front suspensions are killer!!! i'll admit the m-series was no picnic up and down the trail but this thing is unreal! rear skid feels great aswell! it felt great on the sidehill, could hold it no problem just like my old unit.

That is awesome news!! Feeling better by the minute :)

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I was stuck all weekend with a 162 3" that proclimb must be amazing.........lolAll the dumb in here is making me sick you got your wish linksys ill leave lol

That should be able to pull all our ProClimbs out like a mofo!!:cool: You don't have to leave Max; but if you could just pour the salt on the wound for a while and stop grinding it in with your thumb........ If mine goes down whatever, I'll just sit in the hottub at the hotel for the rest of the weekend and drink everyone's beer while they are out riding.:p

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I was stuck all weekend with a 162 3" that proclimb must be amazing.........lolAll the dumb in here is making me sick you got your wish linksys ill leave lol
Maxwell come down to sicamous and i'll show how amazing they are!!! and you can show me how amazing ur doo is! doesnt matter which brand you buy this year you're gettin a killer ride and i know this first hand cause ive ridden the all!

Last edited:

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Well ive been out with mine and have about 50miles on it is running great!. I checked the frog skins under the air intakes and they were peeling a bit(not bad, just the fit wasnt great)so I put black silicone on em and they are fixed,.cant see the underside anyways I also noticed on the 4 strokes that they dont even use the PTO side intake, only the mag side, so I opened er up so it can can more air period.. As far as everything else on the sled it seems to be dialed right in. Im running the 1100 turbo and havent had a hiccup. Im not to keen on how the air filter plumbs in under the hood etc and will be tossing that and making a new setup that is more user friendly. If any one has any creative ideas please post em.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not to keen on how the air filter plumbs in under the hood etc and will be tossing that and making a new setup that is more user friendly. If any one has any creative ideas please post em.

You're one of the lucky ones who have their 1100T, waiting for you to put up some ideas for the intake, please do so some r&d for us.

Also nice to see some positive feedback from sicamous, thanks for putting up something more intelligent than most of the first 14 pages.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting comment on snowest regarding the oil pump having air locks
wrench over there said the pump is to be held wide open to bleed air out of the system as part of the pdi

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting comment on snowest regarding the oil pump having air locks
wrench over there said the pump is to be held wide open to bleed air out of the system as part of the pdi

arent all these sleds not ran on a dyno before even going to the dealer for pdi? i know some of the other brands check the hp on each sled before it leaves. cant see adjsuting/bleeding the oil being part of the pdi?!?!?!??

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that. Would a manufacture really have the time to dyno EVERY sled that goes out the door? i would think along with the sled a dyno sheet would come with it to.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arent all these sleds not ran on a dyno before even going to the dealer for pdi? i know some of the other brands check the hp on each sled before it leaves. cant see adjsuting/bleeding the oil being part of the pdi?!?!?!??

Actually before the rev chasis that made it a pain in the arse to get at this procedure with the oil pump was part of BRP's pdi process. Bein such a doo guy you should know that max..

Maxwell i know several dealers that checked the oil pump settings on even the doos as of last year anyways. To me i hope the dealer i deal with checks that stuff because to me it shows signs of a very good and thurough dealer. Someone i'd want to ddeal with..

Last edited:

Shanerd

Reaction score
I have a proclimb 162 M8 and this is the list :

1) Oil sensor not working off the pump...they caught that on the PDI....replaced and everything fine, including pump timing...good job by the dealer I thought.

2) Got her home and in the garage went to bolt on some goodies the next morning and there was oil under the chain case cover (on the floor)....cleaned her up and found the sight glass on the cover was leaking. Called the dealer and they in turn called Cat...instead of resealing the glass Cat felt better about sending entire cover so that was good!

3) While she was in getting the chain case cover replaced a bulletin came out concerning the switch pannel for the lights etc....dealer changed that out at same time so that was also a good thing.

4). Bought a Sled Armour front bumper and was installing so entire front end was off while I was doing this (including air box) so I could put the washers on the rivets from the inside and....No plastic or rivets in the air box found....also a good thing I figure.

Seems to run fine at this point but have only gone for .7 of a klick on grass to check the rpm on the can I bought at the show....the way I look at it is if this is all that goes wrong, no biggie and Cat and the dealer seem great to deal with...Cat had the parts up here in Edmonton in 4 days and were apologetic about the inconvenience
for the cover too...if anything happens I'll be with buddie in the hot-tub swillin beerzz... :beer:

Top Bottom