Proclimb issues

fitlow

Reaction score
picked up my sled that burned down was an air bubble in the oil line,,dealer was great ran it yesterday ,,warmed up great ,, mixed 100/1 in the tank ,,checked it all over very happy,,
others out there with a 2012 remember to check your frog skins they peal off at the ends underneath the intake by handlebars,, heated them up with a hot iron and a hot air gun and they sealed up good will probably re-glue them totally if they peel again
thanks guys for getting it back to me quickly
full day on sat ,, cant wait!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think theyre maxed out at all. Ive got a 2010 HO which is the same as 2011&2012. Ive got a can and bdx intake and have nevr had the octane code flash, plus u can put a rkt head on or similar company which bumps it up 8hp with no controller aaaaand lol, either speedwerx or slp makes a full pipe set up that u can run with no controller as well if i remember correctly. And well its not a huge deal to run one of the controllers either. Another option is a 925 kit thatll bring u up to 190+hp on pump gas on this motor. Not 100% sure but i dont think the xp 860 or 880 kits r makin anywhere near that

Im not sure about your idea on controllers here. From everything i have done at my shop and also i know for a fact that both speedwerx and slp recommend the use of a controller if you install there exhaust systems on a 2010 or newer M8. That being said i dont think that the motor is maxed out or that there will be any ctank issues. I know guys that put 4K a year on there 2010 and newer M8's with turbo's and havnt had any crank issues. The crank main bearings are completely different than the ones used on skidoo's..

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what can a guy on a 2011 do for some mods for a bit extra power without a control box or do you gotta run a control box if you start doing some mods?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can do a can and some small things, but more or less if you change exhaust or anything more power increasive like that you will need a controller.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what can a guy on a 2011 do for some mods for a bit extra power without a control box or do you gotta run a control box if you start doing some mods?

Save your money if you are only looking to spend a bit of cash to make power. If you want more power you need more fuel. Simple as that. If someone claims more power without adding fuel, I would be questioning their claims. Weight and ergonomic improvements are better money spent imo. At least you get what you pay for.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put 100kms on with no issues whatsoever. I tried the sled at home in the ditches, and was pretty worried that I couldn't really get it to maneuver easily. I was feeling a little intimidated as we headed for our first mountain ride of the year. The new M8 ProClimb was impressive on the trail up- not as much darting and took the bumps well. We hit the powder and I was starting to get excited... Bust into the trees and powder and the sled just took on a life of it's own. It has great flotation in the deep powder, lotsa power and turns on a dime. The biggest concern at this point is toning back my body English because it is way too easy to tip over... As my poor riding partners can attest :( I totally love the boards as they seem to clear snow better than my 2011 did. And the handlebar warmers are fairly aggressive- whereas last year they couldn't seem to keep up.
I had more trouble with tipping the sled back over than previous years, I think because the majority of the weight of the sled is distributed further ahead- or maybe I'm more out of shape?? I didn't like that the pretty white paint is chipping already- but the wrap will fix that!! It took me a while to find the extra tool kit as well: weird location. Taking the top plastic off was kinda annoying and would be a pizz off with cold fingers. Replacing the stock can was a bit more cumbersome than previous years... But really, these are minor issues.

Gotta go: headed back out for Round 2!!

Cymric

Reaction score
I got Sled Shed Can with muffpot in the can.
13.5 lbs lighter then stock can.
Works no power loss and everybody follows the smell of smokies.
find them at thesledshed.net
will post picture in couple days

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would Like to know more about your can as well:eek:
Some pics would be good:p

BaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! I'll bet those pics would get this thread rollin' again. :eek::d

Very funny boys... I got an MBRP can to replace the suitcase I found inside my new Cat.
Pictures? Have none... video?? Made a fun one...

We put the hubby on his new Polaris and then on my new ProClimb so that I could take some videos with our new video camera!!! (Spoiled? Yes...) Both machines are 2012, 800cc, and stock except for a can. Both have the exact same number of miles/wear and tear... We stuck to the trees because anything in the open was wind-blown and very settled since it has been pretty warm here. The closest thing to fresh powder was in the far off meadows that no one had found yet. All in all, we had a great day and I think the only real conclusion is that we are very lucky people to ride the latest in sled technology and that it will be a great year for both of us... :twocents:

I did try the Polaris, and although I do not like the handle bars or the stiffness of the throttle, there is no denying that the lightness of the sled is a really big factor. A side by side weight comparison at our local Polaris dealership shows a weight difference of 71 pounds. I weigh 125lbs- so that 71 is SIGNIFICANT and I immediately found that it was easier to learn how to maneuver it than the ProClimb. However, I like the way the Cat responds and the smoothness of its power band, and the suspension seems more "floaty" to me... If you could shave off 71 pounds, it would be the superior sled, hands down... I wonder if Polaris and Cat could have a love-child and let me adopt it???:eek: Anyway... here is the video: cheesy but fun!!

Brappp306

Reaction score
So found out today the reverse doesn't work on my dad's brand new HCR 1100 Turbo, there isn't even 1 kilometer on the sled lol. I had fun bugging him why I ride Ski-doo haha

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very funny boys... I got an MBRP can to replace the suitcase I found inside my new Cat.
Pictures? Have none... video?? Made a fun one...

We put the hubby on his new Polaris and then on my new ProClimb so that I could take some videos with our new video camera!!! (Spoiled? Yes...) Both machines are 2012, 800cc, and stock except for a can. Both have the exact same number of miles/wear and tear... We stuck to the trees because anything in the open was wind-blown and very settled since it has been pretty warm here. The closest thing to fresh powder was in the far off meadows that no one had found yet. All in all, we had a great day and I think the only real conclusion is that we are very lucky people to ride the latest in sled technology and that it will be a great year for both of us... :twocents:

I did try the Polaris, and although I do not like the handle bars or the stiffness of the throttle, there is no denying that the lightness of the sled is a really big factor. A side by side weight comparison at our local Polaris dealership shows a weight difference of 71 pounds. I weigh 125lbs- so that 71 is SIGNIFICANT and I immediately found that it was easier to learn how to maneuver it than the ProClimb. However, I like the way the Cat responds and the smoothness of its power band, and the suspension seems more "floaty" to me... If you could shave off 71 pounds, it would be the superior sled, hands down... I wonder if Polaris and Cat could have a love-child and let me adopt it???:eek: Anyway... here is the video: cheesy but fun!!

your saying the polaris is 71lbs lighter on a scale than the provclimb....that seems way out to me. they should be within 10lbs of eachother

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw it with my own eyes on Friday night... they are hanging from two scales, side by side, at the local Polaris dealership. They flew Chris Burandt in to do a drawing for an all expenses paid trip to BackCountry Adventures for anyone who snochecked a 2012 with them this year. First thing Chris said when he walked in was , "How about that Cat?"

Believe me, my pipe-cleaner arms wish it wasn't true :eek:

Last edited:

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are not 71lbs apart wett for wet .i do believe there is a post on snow west where someone has weighed the pro rmk and it was 530lbs i think and the proclimb weighs in around 555lbs wet. i believe the pro rmk had electric start. so stock for stock they are about 40lbs difference. i went to see chris burandt at our polaris dealer and he said the same thing. but he is a very good salesman. shoots down the dragons cuz they know about their problems then picks apart the pro rmk then tears into the other sleds. he actually didnt even want to talk about doos all he said is that they are a waste cant sidehill or nothing. but i have seen maxwells videos and they seem to work really well as well. so dont believe what they are telling ya there mama

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are not 71lbs apart wett for wet .i do believe there is a post on snow west where someone has weighed the pro rmk and it was 530lbs i think and the proclimb weighs in around 555lbs wet. i believe the pro rmk had electric start. so stock for stock they are about 40lbs difference. i went to see chris burandt at our polaris dealer and he said the same thing. but he is a very good salesman. shoots down the dragons cuz they know about their problems then picks apart the pro rmk then tears into the other sleds. he actually didnt even want to talk about doos all he said is that they are a waste cant sidehill or nothing. but i have seen maxwells videos and they seem to work really well as well. so dont believe what they are telling ya there mama

Straight from Cycle North's Facebook page:
Cycle North Powersports
Polaris Pro 800 weighs up against the Arctic Cat 800
Polaris - 446 lbs
Cat- 516
That makes the Polaris 70 POUNDS LIGHTER THAN THE Arctic Cat!!!!!!

This confuses my female brain... How does the ProRMK gain close to 80some lbs when wet, and the ProClimb only gain 39 when wet? Please explain...

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Chris Burandt should check out Slednecks 14 if he wants to see an XP get sidehilled till the cows come home by Corey Micku. Just sayin'....

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey mama its because the cat isnt a dry weight the polaris is i was there for that and shook my head and laughed at them. its not that much difference. the cat has about half a tank of fuel, full of oil and coolant. tahst why :)

Top Bottom