Proclimb issues

sledhead80

Reaction score
Works for me..... To bad that the internet is showing us what happened thousands of miles away across the pond. No guarantee that is going to happen here. Just sayin'...
Yeah I hear ya, all I know though is if I had a brand new sled and it started on fire after 30 miles gawd damn I'd be pissed! Hope it doesn't happen to anyone. It's a good way to ruin sledding for the season.

Shawn86R

Reaction score
I have just found myself buying a 2012 HCR 800, I've had it out 4 or 5 times now, nothing too serious, 170kms on it now. Ran perfect until my last ride. Had it up above 6000 feet pulled a few hills, ran perfect and on the way down the trail i shut it off, went to start it back up and its been running like crap ever since. just boggs most of the time when you squeeze it but if you feather it or keep squeezing and letting off it will wind right out (8000rpm) and then bog down to about 7000. has any one else had any issues like this?

Evil Revo

Reaction score
Steering Post issues

Part#1605-056 Ring, Retaining popped off the steering post on my ProClimb M8. Page 8 on microfiche
This allowed the Bearing (bushing) 1605-054 Right and 1605-55 Left to fall out.
When this happens your steering post can move 1-2 inches back on fourth.
Not rideable as it will beat the crap out of the steering support bracket 1707-051 Page 20 on Microfiche.

And of course my dealer does not have the clip. They have the bearing (bushing).

steering2.jpg

steering.jpg

Attachments

• 2012 M8 Micro Fiche.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 343
Last edited:

Evil Revo

Reaction score
I'm running stock clutching with correct belt alignment and deflection.

8300-8400 consistently on climbs. Even when we rode two guys on one sled. One on each running board. Good length climbs with consistent rpm.

Spiked over 8400 a few times.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are we supposed to realign the clutch after we break it in or something? What's with this "correct belt alignment and deflection"?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are we supposed to realign the clutch after we break it in or something? What's with this "correct belt alignment and deflection"?
Believe it or not, belt alignment, belt deflection, track tension and ensuring air bubbles are out of the oil lines are something that is SUPPOSED to be done on a pre delivery inspection. There are a few good dealers around, but the vast majority (all brands) do not do a proper pre delivery inspection, a lot of dealers tell you to bring it back for a 10 hr service, then charge to do what should have been done in the first place. That said, it is always a good idea to check clutch alignment and belt deflection before you ride. Furthermore, if you are looking for a GOOD cat dealer, Terry & Mark at T&T Powersports are excellent - my next cat will come from that store
P.S. - I'm not saying that other dealers don't do a good job, but in my experience, a lot of them don't on a PDI - they bolt the skis on and kick it on the showroom floor.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen a local dealer hire kids on weekends to to the pre setup of the sleds, then their more exsperience mechanic will over look their work, as hes on the phone are writing sevice orders, what a joke... some what sad

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
439 miles on mine and no issues so far. Love love love it- got the suspension dialed in two rides ago and have been in heaven ever since. I tried an 09 M8 today and can't believe the difference. No going back!!

Only complaint is that it is hard on fuel...

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 1400km on my SP M8 and just blew my first belt. No issues. Put skies to the wider stance seems to be more stable. Installed a tether for piece of mind. And have a google bag at the weird hole between the intakes.... that's it. Oh and lost my tool kit... new tool kit is in my pack... haha. Bikeman can sounds good!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a buddies fer a quick rip the other day, i liked it, smooth. Could tell it wouldnt take long to feel comfortable and confident on it.

M8spenny

Reaction score
I Finally Talked my Brother inlaw to buying a new 2012 Cat 800 and 400kms later the Crank seized do to Tight oil pump the dealer said...We watched oil consumption it was the same as my 07, Did all the checks and tricks to removing air bubbles from oil ine sled never missed a beat until 400kms, Dealer did rebuild it under warrenty still a shitty deal for a Engine that was know for realiabilty for years.

Top Bottom