Pro vs. Cat

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out at Eagles pass on the weekend 2012 M800 162 with gen 3 skis and 2.5" camo extreme track and 2012 Pro 163 with the thing can only mod , cat would win some times and the Pro would win sometimes, if it got technical the pro would take the cat every time.

tool_man

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Pro 155 with 6 rides on it now, and demo'd a 2012 PC800 153 at keystone last week. I think overall the Pro handles better, but the PC800 definitely feels like it has more power. The Pro feels much lighter in the front, and even more so when stuck. No issues ran like a top all day other then a small bog off idle. I would be happy with either sled they both rip!

Somer

Reaction score
there is no comparison cat vs pro. pro makes an average rider look like a pro at least that isn what my friends keep telling me. love the pro and so happy i discovered the pro. cats have died off in my life. go pro or go home

sledhead80

Reaction score
I agree I was out at Valemount on the weekend and I feel my Pro Rmk 163 would take a cat or a doo every time. I know for a fact I out pulled a few doo's on hill and yes they did have the same track at me. Im also not a light guy i weigh in at 240lbs with no clothes on. I really love my Pro and feel I made the right choice for my riding style! Im also not brand loyal as Ive rode a turbo Nytro, Turbo XRS, and a 98 680 Ultra Polaris Mod in the past five years!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually that's not true. I rode a brand new stock 163 pro and a stock 155 pro with 10 hrs on it and the 155 had way more grunt and pulled its proper rpm. Brand new pro would not pull its rpm and it felt lazy. Was told that there is a 4 hr break in on the pros.
I have a vid of me on lightning1000's silber turbo 174 3" pro but it won't upload to snow and mud, said its a invalid file. sled is very fast on only 8lbs of boost, just wanted to share it with everyone.
These new pros are nice sleds felt like it had good power (the 155 pulled hard and felt light),and nimble. With a huge difference in price between a doo etec and a pro, plus the fact that the pro is really mod friendly. I have some thinking to do for my next one.

The price difference was the primary reason I bought the poo... I can add a turbo to mine and have only about $1000-1500 over the price of a stock etec.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree I was out at Valemount on the weekend and I feel my Pro Rmk 163 would take a cat or a doo every time. I know for a fact I out pulled a few doo's on hill and yes they did have the same track at me. Im also not a light guy i weigh in at 240lbs with no clothes on. I really love my Pro and feel I made the right choice for my riding style! Im also not brand loyal as Ive rode a turbo Nytro, Turbo XRS, and a 98 680 Ultra Polaris Mod in the past five years!

where can i get some of what your smoking?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just cause you feel that way does not mean that is the way it will work.............. stock versus stock the cat will take ya, as long as they can keep it running, as for the doo rider will determin that.

sledhead80

Reaction score
just cause you feel that way does not mean that is the way it will work.............. stock versus stock the cat will take ya, as long as they can keep it running, as for the doo rider will determin that.
Glad you think so. I know right now I would out climb a new or old m8 and as for your 170 hp 625 lb turbo I'd like to see you compare against my old 285 hp stage 2 nytro as you would eat s hit comparatively. I'm not brand loyal, just tired of hearing how 8 hp makes up for 50+ lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Snow check 2012 Pro RMK 163"= ~$12,000 OTD
Snow check 2012 XP 163"X= ~$15,000 OTD
Silber turbo= ~$4,700
163" x 3" track + drivers + chaincase for pro rmk= ~$3200

looks like it's $1700 more then a stock etec for the turbo option and for the 3" track option it's about equal price. BRP needs to stop screwing us over...

sledhead80

Reaction score
Snow check 2012 Pro RMK 163"= ~$12,000 OTDSnow check 2012 XP 163"X= ~$15,000 OTDSilber turbo= ~$4,700163" x 3" track + drivers + chaincase for pro rmk= ~$3200looks like it's $1700 more then a stock etec for the turbo option and for the 3" track option it's about equal price. BRP needs to stop screwing us over...
So true, to bad people have to be so blind to ride an outdated 5 year old chassis and still pay more for it than an up to date one. But if you comment on it all I hear is hp hp! Yet back in the day when the xp came out all you heard was weight! Weight! Until the fell apart! Good to see polaris come back with a light weight sled that holds together better than the doo and easyer to ride and lighter! Oh and you doo riders can take your 8 hp and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, I'd take a lighter more nimble sled anyday, oh and did I mention i can out climb you too!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll take my new cat or a new doo any day of the week! More HP, dont feel so cheap, and the last time I looked at my running boards they were still intact :D :D :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true, to bad people have to be so blind to ride an outdated 5 year old chassis and still pay more for it than an up to date one. But if you comment on it all I hear is hp hp! Yet back in the day when the xp came out all you heard was weight! Weight! Until the fell apart! Good to see polaris come back with a light weight sled that holds together better than the doo and easyer to ride and lighter! Oh and you doo riders can take your 8 hp and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, I'd take a lighter more nimble sled anyday, oh and did I mention i can out climb you too!

just wait untill your space shuttle glue starts breaking down and your sled falls apart when you leave it in thesun. just kidding but that would be neat

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

can we please go for a rip. ppuuuulllleaaassee

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll take my new seizing engine, belt eating cat or a new doo that handles like a buffalo any day of the week! More HP, dont feel so cheap, don't run, don't handle and the last time I looked at my running boards they were still packed with snow :D :D :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed it for ya !! You can thank me later. LOL !!!!

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode a new poo finally this past week nice sled gets up on the snow well and handles great. Compared to other 800's it felt powerful enough. I only rode it for 2hrs but felt good and comfortable on it. I could see myself owning one just dont like the idea of giving up the 16" track. Other than that I think poo has done a great job. Will have to wait and see if doo answers back in 2013

Top Bottom