Pricing 2015

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy is snochekking this year, he's been checking prices , not yet committed to a brand, but eliminated the Cat already. Here are the options the local dealers presented him with
Rmk 163. $13300 suggested msrp
Pro 163. $14300. Suggested msrp
with both of these. Includes $850 in store credit
plus $ 1000 ticket for use in 16 or 17 purchase

Doo. T3. 174. $ 15400. $600 over suggested msrp
$150 in store credit

He didn't do Cat prices , not interested. So , add GST to these numbers if you choose the chain drive RMK you're about $ 4000 in actual dollar difference if you figure in the future ticket value. The local Poo dealer also offered him a tunnel and handlebar bag, not sure if that's a dealer thing or Poo. Ability to customize the Poo at time of checking is also appealing

Now before you start in on me , I'm making no inferences here, I'm not Sno checking either one so I don't care, just an observation even if you take the Pro, that's still $ 3000 , that's a big difference, and he'll certainly want to buy local.
If someone has the Cat numbers please post em up.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at doing a 155 RMK.
Black on black.
Walker Evans clickers all around
Front cooler
Chain case drive
Electric start
Low rise bars
Controls on bars
Burandt tunnel bag
Extreme handle bar Bag.

This package is coming in under the 12,900 CDN MSRP that the website shows.

Plus the golden ticket

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy is snochekking this year, he's been checking prices , not yet committed to a brand, but eliminated the Cat already. Here are the options the local dealers presented him with

$150 in store credit

He didn't do Cat prices , not interested. So , add GST to these numbers if you choose the chain drive RMK you're about $ 4000 in actual dollar difference if you figure in the future ticket value. The local Poo dealer also offered him a tunnel and handlebar bag, not sure if that's a dealer thing or Poo. Ability to customize the Poo at time of checking is also appealing

Now before you start in on me , I'm making no inferences here, I'm not Sno checking either one so I don't care, just an observation even if you take the Pro, that's still $ 3000 , that's a big difference, and he'll certainly want to buy local.

I don't think the $1000 "Future credit" factors in anywhere, since its not savings on THIS purchase. Unless he has the absolute intention of buying a new sled again in the next 2 yrs. They want to have him committed to another purchase down the road, just a marketing gimic and totally useless IMO. If they are getting any kind of warranty, most people won't buy a new sled every year and how many will flop a sled every 2 yrs? maybe 50% or less? Give him $1000 off this sled, build a good sled, treat him good and give him a good warranty, and you won't have to worry about "discounting" potential future purchases to maintain a customer base.

He didn't really compare apples to apples IMO, the T3 is $1000 more but that's to be expected with more track and all the other stuff they have on it, plus its only snowcheck so if you really want one, since its a bit of an exclusive deal, you will pay more for it. He should have priced a 163" Doo against the 163" Pro. Then if he feels like he wants the 174", spend the extra.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the cheapest part about owning a sled is buying it and we have people all worried about a couple grand difference. The resale on a doo im sure is higher so at the end of the day your not spending to much more. Plus you forgot the $1000 chopper lifts out when the poo engine goes.

If there is anything I have learned over the years is most times you get what you pay for. I don't want a $13000 sled, Bring on a $20,000 stock sled... it would be awesome.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

$150 in store credit

I think you are actually pricing the T3 163 Lenny. The T3 163 msrp is $14799 plus f&s and the 174 is $500 more at $15299 plus f &s.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
174T3 15500.00 otd plus 500 store credit. And another huge smile beating the p!ss out of another year of under powered poo's.
Better jump on that quick! Nobody else that deals there got an offer like that.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are actually pricing the T3 163 Lenny. The T3 163 msrp is $14799 plus f&s and the 174 is $500 more at $15299 plus f &s.

Sorry, yes you're right, my mistake.

And in regards to comments about the whole ticket credit thing, i respectfully disagree, we have a huge riding group in our area, ride with most of them , myself and most of our big group upgrade almost always every 2 years, way higher percentage than you're suggesting. I think the next couple years you're gonna see a bunch of new things introduced, so that $1000 credit in my mind is a tangible benefit. If you know now you're for sure not buying, u bet not so attractive, but its certainly in my mind a factor. And you bet, its marketing, and damn good i think. He also just told me the Poo comes with a handlebar bag and a burandt tunnel bag include plus the $850. Not sure what kind of bag tho, or the value.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a more apples to apples comparison would be a the pro vs a regular summit SP or X. I have a place where I get really good deals and there is a 1500 dollar difference between the summit 163 SP and the T3 163.

I agree with whoever said that buying the sled is the cheap part. I say buy what you like best. If you spend a thousand more up front, you will probably get that back on resale.

geo

Reaction score
For any body with a "Golden Ticket" next fall lol. If you don't want it I will buy it. PM me. Want at least a dozen but I will dicker lol.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the best deal I've been offered on an MPI spring only viper is $18500, all in, out the door. Others are listing them at full MSRP.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally think what Polaris is doing with the credit is a smart marketing move. Everyone already has figured out they will have big changes next year and this is a great way to get peeps to buy this year to get a discounted all new Pro next year. Pretty out of the box thinking on there part.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is that no one in my group has upgraded every year or 2, ever. Out of 5 guys that I ride with. So Lenny, if you got 5 that do and I got 5 that don't, what's that percentage? I'm going by the sleds I see on the hill every weekend as well. Its not only 1 or 2 yr old stuff but lots of 3+ yrs, so that's the rationale for saying 50%. Hell, it takes me 2 seasons just to get a sled dialed in I don't know how you guys swap them out so quick. I guess if I had your guys' money I would burn mine. :)

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally think what Polaris is doing with the credit is a smart marketing move. Everyone already has figured out they will have big changes next year and this is a great way to get peeps to buy this year to get a discounted all new Pro next year. Pretty out of the box thinking on there part.

they even did it for 2016 and 2017, so if you have first year worries the ticket still works for the new sleds second year.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In our group of riding buddies average is 3-4 years then upgrade eight guys for what it worth.
just finally got my 08 where I want it clutching and motor only took 4 years lol

Top Bottom