Price of diesel in BC and ALTA

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me why the price for diesel is so high in these provinces? :eek:

From what i have seen the price for diesel is normally higher than gas, and was as high as 112.9 in Vernon.

Here in Sask it is below the price of gas in the 90 cent or so range, so i'm wondering why it would be higher in other provinces? After all isn't diesel a less refined form of crude? therefor requiring less input to produce?

I am only a consumer, uneducated in the oil and gas industry and am just posting my findings. So if anybody has any light to shed on the subject (and im sure there are very knowledgeable people on this site), please do as I am very curious.

bighiter

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Good question .......... diesel in Mcbride was a whopping 115/L !!! earlier this month! :eek::eek:

For that reason we usually bring enough sled fuel for the weekend!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
And why is camrose, wainright, and edson always cheaper fuel(gas or diesel)???? It's mostly produced here for the western provinces, but we seem to help subsidize the transport of the fuel from the refineries here to other western provinces and towns/cities etc!!!!!! Fuggers!!!!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel in Carlyle, SK was 108.9/L when I filled up there last week.

Saskatoon husky was 105.9/L when I filled up there Dec. 2nd.

Wonder what diesel will be in Regina when I fill up there tomorrow????

Maybe I can fill up at the rig before leaving in the morning......

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas almost always seems as much as 5cents a liter cheaper in Rural Alberta. I dont get it tho. Something happens and that is a reason to raise the price of gas, then the opposite happens and you would think then that gas should go down. Nope, that is another reason to raise the price of gas. It seems that all prices and brands go up the same across the board at the same time. Try to convince me that there is no collussion between oil co's. I remember a time when Diesel used to be like half the cost or cheaper than gasoline. Its called supply and demand. He who supplies it demands the price you will pay for it.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas almost always seems as much as 5cents a liter cheaper in Rural Alberta. I dont get it tho. Something happens and that is a reason to raise the price of gas, then the opposite happens and you would think then that gas should go down. Nope, that is another reason to raise the price of gas. It seems that all prices and brands go up the same across the board at the same time. Try to convince me that there is no collussion between oil co's. I remember a time when Diesel used to be like half the cost or cheaper than gasoline. Its called supply and demand. He who supplies it demands the price you will pay for it.

In BC...the rural areas are about 10c lt higher......Blue is 1.12 paid 1.00 in Kamloops yesterday.....:eek:.:confused::confused:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC=Bring Cash. We all know it...

The 91octane that goes into my sled was 1.25/L last fill. My last truck fill (Gas) was 1.10/L for the cheap shite.

Thank god for carbon taxes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good question .......... diesel in Mcbride was a whopping 115/L !!! earlier this month! :eek::eek:

For that reason we usually bring enough sled fuel for the weekend!!

Now what does that really mean? Are you using diesel in your sled? Bet the performance sucks......surely there is something wrong with the above statement.....just saying

tonykunz

Reaction score
Diesel in Grande Prairie is 100.9, and in Dawson creek and Fort St John I think it's 117 or 118 a litre

Top Bottom