Price gouging

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to buy a gallon of exterior paint and was floored by the cost, since when did the cost of a gallon of of paint/stain creep up to
between $50 - 90 dollars. The paint I bought was a mid grade product with a 25% discount and I paid $50. Anybody else have a story on price gouging during the covid.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to buy a gallon of exterior paint and was floored by the cost, since when did the cost of a gallon of of paint/stain creep up to
between $50 - 90 dollars. The paint I bought was a mid grade product with a 25% discount and I paid $50. Anybody else have a story on price gouging during the covid.
They were saying that because of Covid there is a shortage of paint as people are doing home reno projects to kill the time. Same with gardening products like seeds and such. So raise the price. Gotta pay to play I guess

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a cracked overhead vent on our RV so decided to get a new one. 2 yrs ago vent was $16 and yesterday its has gone to $36 for the same vent. Just a stamped out plastic piece that I bet costs pennies to make mass produced. Disgraceful. Taking advantage of the hail in the area

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lumber has gone up 40%. Our last project a 16’ 2x4 was just over $6 now it’s over $10. Makes about $20000 difference on the shop we are about to build.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price gouging ?!!
Anyone ever been into a BRP dealer ?
Haha
Yeh just take a trip through Costco or any grocery store for that matter .
Unreal
Any excuse works

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price gouging ?!!
Anyone ever been into a BRP dealer ?
Haha
Yeh just take a trip through Costco or any grocery store for that matter .
Unreal
Any excuse works
Funny you would say that lol. Selling product all over North America at full pop

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny you would say that lol. Selling product all over North America at full pop

I know it’s crazy but good for the dealers .
The used prices people are are asking are retarded as well .
Example ,

b5a78ebb89561bb889266c89af47f96a.plist

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a shortage of everything.
Cant get a springfree trampoline, next order is in August and the person I spoke to said they will be 8-10 weeks out.

I waited over a month for my Traeger to come in due to them being back ordered.

IMO Employers should have the power to report an employee who does not return to their recalled position. That person should loose their CERB immediately. Kids that are living at home with their parents should not have received cerb, but the parents should of had their CERB topped up.
All of this of this BS, COVID is not going away, get back to work. Learn to deal with it like the rest of us who worked through it.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of anything manufactured in North America has either slowed or come to a halt since March . Supply and demand . Saying that trucking volumes and rates are still in the toilet .......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys at the shop said they are buying batteries from places like NAPA and places like that for new Sea Doo's. BRP can't supply. Buddy has had his Defender at the store for 3 months waiting for a new transmission. BRP said maybe mid winter. He's pizzed.

Top Bottom