Predictions on the used market?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes not worth getting rid of if you use it once in a while. Problem I had was seven sleds in the garage so got rid of that one and a 19 summit X 165.

Warranty doesn't mean anything to me and paying for extended may as well light your wallet on fire. If they are past warranty price accordingly and sell of if you keep and blow up just put an engine in it. This is a disposable income recreational activity.

Most i ever had was 8.only have 2 right now but probably will add a couple to the fleet soon with all the deals right now

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the snow really killed the used and new markets this year. You wont see prices as low as they are now unless we get another Bunk Nov/Dec. People aren't walking into dealerships to buy snowmobiles unless there is snow on the ground. This triggers rebates etc to move that stock

Sleds are the last item on most peoples financial priority list, there's tons of other factors outside weather conditions driving this.

I think you're going to see 2-3 years of slow sled sales.

The irony in the whole thing is deep discounts on sleds actually slows sales, because they move year old units at the cost of current model year sales, all the while tanking the used market hampering peoples ability to trade up into a new machine.

We don't have to look that far back to see this, '16 and '17 we're pretty slow years for sled sales with lots of heavily discounted inventory.

Last edited:

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the snow really killed the used and new markets this year. You wont see prices as low as they are now unless we get another Bunk Nov/Dec. People aren't walking into dealerships to buy snowmobiles unless there is snow on the ground. This triggers rebates etc to move that stock
I agree, if we had good snow in nov/dec there would be no deals like now. If you didnt snow check a sled and november rolls around who in their right might would fork over 28k for a new sled. There are more backed out snow checks sitting at dealers than ever due to lack of snow.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Share a link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMG_4502.jpeg
IMG_4529.jpeg

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's the economy and interest rates, than low snow this year.
The ads are for 2023 models which should have been sold last winter or the latest last fall.
Not just sleds are being discounted.

Last time I went up Boulder Mountain at New Years you would never know the interest rates were high or economy wasn’t strong. Tons of new sleds pretty much all of them turbos have to look through a sea of turbos for the N/a’s these days

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw some of those price reductions and to be honest I don’t have any input to offer on Polaris pricing but assume the structure is similar to BRP. There is not even remotely close to that much markup on a new snowmobile. You can inflate the price with excessive charges on freight, set up and documentation but there is a cost and a retail and they aren’t that far apart. I’m thinking those prices indicate a worried dealer with to much product and he is willing to take his beating now as opposed to over the summer and next fall. Either that or big rebates from the manufacturer but haven’t seen any advertising from them yet and usually there is no further programs for spring only orders. Just my 2 cents.🤷

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw some of those price reductions and to be honest I don’t have any input to offer on Polaris pricing but assume the structure is similar to BRP. There is not even remotely close to that much markup on a new snowmobile. You can inflate the price with excessive charges on freight, set up and documentation but there is a cost and a retail and they aren’t that far apart. I’m thinking those prices indicate a worried dealer with to much product and he is willing to take his beating now as opposed to over the summer and next fall. Either that or big rebates from the manufacturer but haven’t seen any advertising from them yet and usually there is no further programs for spring only orders. Just my 2 cents.🤷
If it's like the bicycle industry there is only 30% mark up on new bikes. Shops make money on accessories and repairs.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those that buy new sleds every year or 2 years are not hurting for money and typically have the finanaces to flip whenever they want. These people dont really care at the end of day.

Used sled market is those of us that sometimes can afford a new machine or new to us type. That said we are not the 'wealthiest' people... so when snow sucks, interest rates are up, and most importantly COST OF LIVING... you recreation purchase is off the list. your a family man and this is your hobby, not the families, well add it up. there's only so much money in your budget for fun.

tag up all the COVID used sales, these people are stepping out to hit mexico again. there blip was 2-3yrs and want out.

sledding is pricey now, it takes a dedicated individual to want to ride out in BC from alberta. cost of gas, your lunch, trail fees, tarps, dinners?, gear. it aint cheap anymore guys. solo day trips are now $250-300 now when they were half that price 3yrs ago!

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I went up Boulder Mountain at New Years you would never know the interest rates were high or economy wasn’t strong. Tons of new sleds pretty much all of them turbos have to look through a sea of turbos for the N/a’s these days

And all of them were purchased before the season began.
Making my point, not the low snow year.
Prices are a lot softer this year than the last few years.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely not just sled prices that have reset new and used both it’s probably going to continue on a downward spiral for a while yet

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those that buy new sleds every year or 2 years are not hurting for money and typically have the finanaces to flip whenever they want. These people dont really care at the end of day.

Used sled market is those of us that sometimes can afford a new machine or new to us type. That said we are not the 'wealthiest' people... so when snow sucks, interest rates are up, and most importantly COST OF LIVING... you recreation purchase is off the list. your a family man and this is your hobby, not the families, well add it up. there's only so much money in your budget for fun.

tag up all the COVID used sales, these people are stepping out to hit mexico again. there blip was 2-3yrs and want out.

sledding is pricey now, it takes a dedicated individual to want to ride out in BC from alberta. cost of gas, your lunch, trail fees, tarps, dinners?, gear. it aint cheap anymore guys. solo day trips are now $250-300 now when they were half that price 3yrs ago!

I'd say more like 500 for a day trip, 1000 for a weekend

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe more, if you wreck something on the sled or truck or gear... Sledding costs money ,, yep.

Can get real expensive real quick when things go side way. This is common sledder knowledge though.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This price however its a 23 its the same at all Polaris dealers. Plus Freight and PDI $ 795 plus GST and applicable PST In Alberta you'll save driving support local. This is a 23 and a 2.75 track $ 19729.50 1 year warranty

sled1.jpg

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lady I know paid 24k in November for a turbo from riverside.
15k for a NA is pretty appealing at the moment

Top Bottom