power merchants auction

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is one guy who has high bids in almost 10 different machines. WTF

My guess is an insider of the auction company, insurance company or of Power Merchants inflating the unreserved bids to get max bottom line as per all auctions. Buyer be-ware. FYI-They don’t give brand new sleds/ boats/ trailers away for less then there cost.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are very good at adding fees to everything that they do. They make you pay to open a bidding account. Then both the seller and the buyer pay fees on each transaction. If you want to pay with a credit card add another 2-3%. I’m not sure if they add a fee if you e-transfer money but I’m sure they will. Contact them immediately after the auction for your bill or they will automatically charge the item to your credit card with the service charge added to it. Please be aware of this before you bid. In the end your good deal may not be as good as it looked.

If there is no buyer’s cap just remember that 15% on $10k is an extra $1500.

Bump for the above...mcdougall's main shop is a few miles down the road from me and I buy some stuff here and there. Don't forget there's likely sales tax on these. Other items I've bought have had both taxes applied as well. Unsure if PST would apply to you guys in AB. Between fees, taxes etc, I've had to add between 17 and 22% to the total in the past. With Mcdougall's you really need to make sure you are getting a smoking deal to cover the over and above.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I were bidding on 2 sleds & 1000 turbo SxS but getting to high now... oh well!

johnny cash

Reaction score
I don't see any deals either,, prices are high then add tax, fuel if you have to drive there and all other bs involved, best to get from your local dealer, maybe no warranty with this being a fire incident would be good to check with BRP before buying a sled.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody wants those sleds pretty bad. Actually a few to get them bidded up that high.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I said same thing maybe some laundering going on.....nothing else makes sense! LOL

What you guys do not realize is that the cylinders were stuffed full of Cocaine..... obviously this sale was just a front for Colombian sales!

Duhhhhhh!

Top Bottom