Post your rant here

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine in 2 weeks to the day when I got my new one. They told me all
The delays are over? 🤷
they said 10 days max, after I got to the front of the line.

5 hour wait in a series of 3 different holding pens just to submit a completed form and pay a cashier is the issue.

Summit 1000

Reaction score

5 hour wait in a series of 3 different holding pens just to submit a completed form and pay a cashier is the issue.

Leave it to the last minute its on you. 10 days has been the standard for years.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was 2 hrs in south Calgary for me. Half an hour in line to have my passport app inspected to make sure everything was filled out properly then waited 1.25 hours in a waiting area till my number was called and 15 minutes to have the passport app processed with an agent then out of there for lunch. I’ve heard some places obviously have longer hours than others.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was about 3 hours in red deer. Not the funnest way to spend 3 hours

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the electrical store buying a few thing for wiring my hot tub. Needed to drill 2 3/4 inch holes and asked if they had any dril bits. So he sells me this step bit, didnt look at the price until i got home. It was 80$...

Not the end of the world. But a 5$ bit would have worked 🙄

20231214_114601.jpg

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I was at the electrical store buying a few thing for wiring my hot tub. Needed to drill 2 3/4 inch holes and asked if they had any dril bits. So he sells me this step bit, didnt look at the price until i got home. It was 80$...

Not the end of the world. But a 5$ bit would have worked 🙄

View attachment 276936
Those are good bits though. Crazy what you can get through with that bit.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stock up on a couple packs of these when ever Canadian tire has a sale. Great deal for smaller bit.

They discount them huge and often on sale.

But the steps in the larger bit are a little off size for the 3/4 inch knock out your drilling. One step is too tight and the next one is sloppy.

Attachments

• 1702581105194.png
    1702581105194.png
    342.9 KB · Views: 49

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went down to co op and got a 1 inch auger bit to finish the job and it was 40$.

Guess i was just out of touch with drill bit prices these days.

They wanted $120 for a 1 1/4 dewalt step bit at the co op

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Customers/people texting or calling for info on how to fix something and then getting the cheaper guy to repair it. :mad:
I think your customer is calling me too. I got one guy the calls every couple months for something. I can give him any price and he says he'll get back to me. A day later...can you do it for this 'price'( lower price than quoted). I always tell him no

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: zal

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your customer is calling me too. I got one guy the calls every couple months for something. I can give him any price and he says he'll get back to me. A day later...can you do it for this 'price'( lower price than quoted). I always they him know.
It’s frustrating, that’s for sure.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went down to co op and got a 1 inch auger bit to finish the job and it was 40$.

Guess i was just out of touch with drill bit prices these days.

They wanted $120 for a 1 1/4 dewalt step bit at the co op

Good drill bits are a gross amount of money. Price out a set of high end machinists drill bit index. With the letter sizes and that you can spend thousands real easy! And they only go to half inch.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had a connector thru Chicago with two young kids……. NEVER AGAIN!
Haha had to run to a plane in Dallas with young kids years ago because our first plane was late arriving. Ran from one side to the other. Kids were whining they were going to die. Made it but no one talked to me the rest of the way home. Haha

snow_farmer

Reaction score
We had an hr and 45 mine between flights, after our third gate with the arriving plane we had about 40mins….. if anyone has been to chicago its almost impossible to do 😂

Top Bottom