Polaris MRP vs SLP Cans

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris MBRP vs SLP Cans

Anyone know if the MRP can performs better than the SLP? I'm going to put one on my Dragon 700. I know the SLP is quieter, but doesn't "quiet" mean more restriction, thus less performance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Anyone know if the MRP can performs better than the SLP? I'm going to put one on my Dragon 700. I know the SLP is quieter, but doesn't "quiet" mean more restriction, thus less performance?

YOU SHOULD CONTACT RORY AT PURE ADDICTION MOTORSPORTS.... HE HAS JAWS CANS, AND SAYS THEY MAKE MORE POWER THAN THE MBRP OR SLP.... I THINK HE HAS THEM IN STOCK AND I THINK THEY WERE EVEN CHEAPER THAN THE OTHERS....... JUST MY 2CENTS WORTH

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta ask this question because this CAN thing makes no sense to me!!! Why do people waste their money on these things, for what you spend on a can you could put towards pipes and actually GAIN some real HORSEPOWER
My two cents!!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I gotta ask this question because this CAN thing makes no sense to me!!! Why do people waste their money on these things, for what you spend on a can you could put towards pipes and actually GAIN some real HORSEPOWER
My two cents!!

HEY DEANO, GOT ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE 1000 DOO'S WITH PIPES?? PICKING UP A USED SET OF PIPES OUT OF THE STATES FOR CHEAP AND I'LL NEED A BOONDOCKER BOX.... I'LL NEED SOME INITIAL SET-UP SPECS

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
HEY DEANO, GOT ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE 1000 DOO'S WITH PIPES?? PICKING UP A USED SET OF PIPES OUT OF THE STATES FOR CHEAP AND I'LL NEED A BOONDOCKER BOX.... I'LL NEED SOME INITIAL SET-UP SPECS[/Q

are those the crankshop twins that were on ebay?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY DEANO, GOT ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE 1000 DOO'S WITH PIPES?? PICKING UP A USED SET OF PIPES OUT OF THE STATES FOR CHEAP AND I'LL NEED A BOONDOCKER BOX.... I'LL NEED SOME INITIAL SET-UP SPECS[/Q

are those the crankshop twins that were on ebay?

YUP, WITH THE 2 STINGERS INSTEAD OF THE SINGLE MUFFLER...... YOU THINKIN' OF PICKIN' ONE UP TOO??

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
I had thought about it but not sure yet let me know how it works though, I would be interested in what it costs you for everything, and how it works, let me know what you think when your done!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I had thought about it but not sure yet let me know how it works though, I would be interested in what it costs you for everything, and how it works, let me know what you think when your done!

I'LL DOO JUST THAT.... THE PIPES ARE $350.00 US AND SHIPPING IS ABOUT $65.00, AND THEN THE BOONDOCKER IS ABOUT $450.00 FROM RORY @ PURE MOTORSPORT ADDICTIONS. SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD FOR 20HP, OR MORE, SO WITH THE REMAPPING ETC. THAT JERRY FROM MARTIN EQPMT IS DOOIN' RIGHT NOW, SHOULD BE GOOD FOR OVER 200HP ON PREMIUM PUMP FUEL..... YAHOO, MOUNTAIN DOO!!!!!!!!!

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When putting a can on your sled, your main goal shouldn't be to gain power, it's mostly about saving weight. The stock mufflers that these sleds come with now adays are monsters. The added hp you may get is just a bonus.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YES RICK!!! And as far as the weight savings thing goes YEAH I get it but really for what you'll spend on a can to save weight, why not spend a little more and gain some HP:confused:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the question you should be asking is which can LOSES the LEAST horsepower.... and I would go with SLP

Top Bottom