Polaris 800 Pipe Broken

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? My pipe (right hand side), going to the muffler snapped in half yesterday while riding. Going to see if it can be patched up, man is it loud, can't believe just how much a muffler muffles the noise, straight pipe is too loud!:mad:

Sammy

Reaction score
What year is your 800? I had the same issue with my 2005, it kept breaking were the pipes went two into one. I tried 3 times to repair the pipe, this included reinforcing with a second skin over the weak area, adding two gussets for extra support and adding two extra spring hangars for the pipe to add support. All of these attempts failed, finally replaced the whole pipe with a 2007 set up. In 2007 they made the pipe in two sections, Polaris had a number of failures with the 05 & 06 machines. I would also suggest in getting the latest heat sheild Polaris has out for the exhaust, much improved and will keep your plastic from melting and catching on fire. Don't ask how i know.

ray deck

Reaction score
I have 05 sportsman 800 and haven't had that problem yet! but could I ask about changing the plugs ? any suggestion on how to reach the hard to reach one,I hope you don't have to remove the tank? tks ray

ray deck

Reaction score
not what I wanted to hear . I have just finished relplacing the plugs ,it's a job you don't want to do to often! tks for replying ,ray

Top Bottom