Polaris 2022 Release

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy you guys are all over the place for HP rating on this thing. I have seen everything from 175 to 200 LOL.
I hate to burst everyone bubble though i could be wrong but in a marketing point of view it makes no sense to build and market a sled with hp numbers so far ahead of their competition. As 2023, 2024,2025, 2026 are future years coming.
I have been in this game for a long time and to keep customers coming back you don't give them the whole cookie, just the crumbs.
Ya advertising and little bits and pieces of hear say are great to get the crowds stirred up but till the real deal is out its no more then marketing. The units your seeing out there are likely non production units jacked up in HP to do that exact thing, get your juices going. I know this as BRP does it and so does Cat.

Willing to bet my cookies that this sled makes no more then 170-175 at top. Marketing wise it makes sense for tomorrow. The rest is just that BS.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy you guys are all over the place for HP rating on this thing. I have seen everything from 175 to 200 LOL.
I hate to burst everyone bubble though i could be wrong but in a marketing point of view it makes no sense to build and market a sled with hp numbers so far ahead of their competition. As 2023, 2024,2025, 2026 are future years coming.
I have been in this game for a long time and to keep customers coming back you don't give them the whole cookie, just the crumbs.
Ya advertising and little bits and pieces of hear say are great to get the crowds stirred up but till the real deal is out its no more then marketing. The units your seeing out there are likely non production units jacked up in HP to do that exact thing, get your juices going. I know this as BRP does it and so does Cat.

Willing to bet my cookies that this sled makes no more then 170-175 at top. Marketing wise it makes sense for tomorrow. The rest is just that BS.

if skidoo did this before they don't anymore. My 2021 is a better runner than my 2020.5 factory turbo.

speaking of marketing i agree with your crumb theory but in this case polaris let all the tricks out of the bag at once, new chassis, new tunnel, new guages, new turbo system.

i do agree with you on the HP, looking at the track speeds being posted i think these 2 machines are very close in power. but the Polaris is still lighter.

sounds from the videos like they have some serious clutching and fueling issues to figure out. Should be an interesting season next year

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol, I thought the samething but didn’t post my thoughts on it.
Guaranteed these working prototypes have different power, and features in them. It would not be the first time a manufacturer changed the specs on a sled after snow check was done. Remember the 2015 T3 and the changes that didn’t show up on the production sleds?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if skidoo did this before they don't anymore. My 2021 is a better runner than my 2020.5 factory turbo.

speaking of marketing i agree with your crumb theory but in this case polaris let all the tricks out of the bag at once, new chassis, new tunnel, new guages, new turbo system.

i do agree with you on the HP, looking at the track speeds being posted i think these 2 machines are very close in power. but the Polaris is still lighter.

sounds from the videos like they have some serious clutching and fueling issues to figure out. Should be an interesting season next year

Well i had the Doo for three days and enjoyed it and now i guess will have to wait till next season to give this Polaris a go, but i don't expect riding a 180-200hp production sled from them, highly doubtful.
The rest of the sled makes sense as its a whole new model(turbo model) but you still need to keep customers coming back even next season after the next with the new model.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, I thought the samething but didn’t post my thoughts on it.
Guaranteed these working prototypes have different power, and features in them. It would not be the first time a manufacturer changed the specs on a sled after snow check was done. Remember the 2015 T3 and the changes that didn’t show up on the production sleds?

Of course they did, they all do it. Even though Max say Doo doesn't.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've been over this 100 times. None of the production values are close to what the protoypes are. They test the protos in ultra cold rooms, with different fuel mapping and different compression etc etc. The production sleds have far more restriction in them since they have to live with warranty etc.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When I was out with Marshal a month ago he claimed the the 20.5 was no contest a hotter tune

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was out with Marshal a month ago he claimed the the 20.5 was no contest a hotter tune
Exactly, there are more than a few of those 20.5s that run very well . Another point that has been brought up is the stock poo doing pretty well against the turbo doo, 313 has a stock 154 expert that lays the blocks to a turbski till about 5500 ft .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly, there are more than a few of those 20.5s that run very well . Another point that has been brought up is the stock poo doing pretty well against the turbo doo, 313 has a stock 154 expert that lays the blocks to a turbski till about 5500 ft .

yea but 313 would lay the blocks to a turbo on a Bravo lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If they have clutching deficiencies Johnny H will find them quickly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
162683157_2895520220689776_8473010725078401182_n.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen the Boost yesterday on the hill, and a couple of members on here got to take it for a rip.
I liked the look of it, and IMO it has huge potential to be a solid performer.

After riding a couple of extremely well tuned aftermarket turbo’ed axys yesterday, my sled felt like a NA after hoping back on mine.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consistent 82 km/h with flashes up to 86 km/h. This is a 155 boost. I would think $24000 should get higher track speeds.

Attachments

• DB62F20A-6651-47CF-A740-DB40BCD6AF14.png
    DB62F20A-6651-47CF-A740-DB40BCD6AF14.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 266
  • E44C75DA-737E-4AE2-A472-2A0FC7CD9A4E.png
    E44C75DA-737E-4AE2-A472-2A0FC7CD9A4E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 271

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen the Boost yesterday on the hill, and a couple of members on here got to take it for a rip.
I liked the look of it, and IMO it has huge potential to be a solid performer.

After riding a couple of extremely well tuned aftermarket turboÂ’ed axys yesterday, my sled felt like a NA after hoping back on mine.[/QUOTE

I'll bet you'll see the boost running really strong and out front of the Doo next year, Polaris had the opportunity to one up Doo and hopefully they didn't blow it shooting last rock so to speak, in my mind reliability will be the only issue! If they have that covered the Boost will be a huge seller!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consistent 82 km/h with flashes up to 86 km/h. This is a 155 boost. I would think $24000 should get higher track speeds.

My sled was seeing around 85-90 today in those same snow conditions so yes your right not overly
Impressive for that extra power it has over the doo. Guess we have to wait until we can get them in 3 feet of snow to see how they really work. These spring climbs are not really a good tell tale.

If it holds 85 kmh in 3 feet of snow on a steep pull now we’re talkin. And it might. The clutch calibration may not allow it to build much more speed

Top Bottom