Polaris Stop Sale/Ride Notice

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they are going to supply new parts for every sled that is on the recall???? I just had the morning laugh:ROFLMAO:
My dealer said they should have a fix by end of sept.

I’m fairly intrigued on what that ‘fix’ will be lol

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would this work? Ground the sled electrically as you ride.

1662505886750.png

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is probably some idiot judge siding with a lying moron and Polaris is facing a suit. Seems to me all sleds run plastic tanks, electric fuel pumps and gauges. So more of a CYA on Polaris’s part.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last winter a guy i ride with called me. i wasn't there at the time. anyway he was out riding with a couple other fellas and on a down hill decent blamo, flames start shooting out like a blowtorch ride by his steering post.
he and the others managed to cover it with snow and snuff it out. the flames were coming out of the fuel tank vent. it still ran and made it back to the trailer. all the wiring in that area was singed and some melted plastic.
after it was fixed he just told the dealer to keep it and sell it. that was enough for him.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch. ya when kelly called me i asked him if it was insured and he should have just walked away from it.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find this latest recall interesting and some of the things they are not saying might speak volumes. Sure the motive is just likely to satisfy the legal dept. but really what are the scenarios that this could happen? Old gas at less than 1/2 full? How is this more flammable than new gas at 1/2 full? My thought is that old gas can contain more moisture and something could rust away? Is there any exposed grounding straps or wire connections in the tank that could build up a resistnace? Could old gas plug a fuel filter and overheat a fuel pump? Not likely or there would have been fires with the new sleds that had the fuel sock issues. Also why are only the trail versions of the Pro-Ride's included in this and not the RMK's? I'm sure the fuel tanks are built the same on those RMK's?? And as said previously, Polaris learns about most problems from the internet first. Has anyone seen this or heard of this happening?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ideally you have nothing but liquid fuel and its fumes in the tank. Rarely would there be a combustible mixture in there. Really old gas loses its light ends and through temperature/pressure swings in the environment air might slowly build up in the tank. Now add a spark and boom.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Ideally you have nothing but liquid fuel and its fumes in the tank. Rarely would there be a combustible mixture in there. Really old gas loses its light ends and through temperature/pressure swings in the environment air might slowly build up in the tank. Now add a spark and boom.
As fuel is used it is replaced with air. If you have ever had a plugged tank vent you run out of fuel real quick until you pop the cap.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As fuel is used it is replaced with air. If you have ever had a plugged tank vent you run out of fuel real quick until you pop the cap.
True, that can happen. Draw rate and fuel temperature would be factors. I still think it's typically a 'rich' environment in there. But not willing to test that theory lol

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, that can happen. Draw rate and fuel temperature would be factors. I still think it's typically a 'rich' environment in there. But not willing to test that theory lol

I agree with your theory, particularly with all the sloshing of winter fuel with a high RVP, I would assume there will almost always be more vapor being produced than fuel consumed by the engine.

Top Bottom