Polaris Stop Sale/Ride Notice

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes sense announcing this in the middle of summer so they get less flack. Either way this one should not have happened. I am a Polaris fan but still know better than to expect perfection in the first year model.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeebus. what the hell is going on at polaris? i'd love to spend a day or two on a Boost or 9R but no way i could see buying one.
at what point is there a critical mass for the owners to get some sort of compensation or start a class action lawsuit?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeebus. what the hell is going on at polaris? i'd love to spend a day or two on a Boost or 9R but no way i could see buying one.
at what point is there a critical mass for the owners to get some sort of compensation or start a class action lawsuit?

its not that bad, both recalls are during summer months at least. Have to remember the boost is a first year sled, if owners didn't think there would be issues with Polaris trying to catch BRP well your dreamin.

there wont be any issues with the 9R either. factory race motor...those always end well.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fact that it's during the summer months is great (assuming parts are available) but they don't have a fix yet and are saying if you start the sled, it has to have a full tank. it makes one wonder what's next to break. not exactly reassuring for vehicles designed to travel in remote areas.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fact that it's during the summer months is great (assuming parts are available) but they don't have a fix yet and are saying if you start the sled, it has to have a full tank. it makes one wonder what's next to break. not exactly reassuring for vehicles designed to travel in remote areas.
Little bit over dramatic ...if it was a big issue the forums would be lit up. Fix will likely be an additional bonding strap of some sort. Don't believe many will hold off riding on the basis of the stop ride orders

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta be pretty tough to have any confidence in a new poo right now. Last year was not a good outing for Polaris. Very few of the sled released didn’t have some sort of issue that didn’t require a tow out or helicopter. Hope they get it sorted.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dramatic if this were the one issue but you had the fuel issues and the TSB that was released had 3 fixes not related to the fuel sock which means those 3 other things had to be inspected, local dealer had approx 20 engines to swap out because of bad bearings, this recall, throttle cable recall, clutch bolt, etc.
On top of supply issues which I know is not Polaris’ fault but that’s little comfort.
I’d buy a Poo if I had a backup sled.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a cya move from the legal department much like all the warning stickers plastered over everything these days.
Note the reference to "specific conditions" but curiously the "specific conditions" are not listed / defined ... which would appear to indicate that the conditions are not so well defined or, more likely, that for 99.999% it's not an issue remotely likely to ever happen.
The "fix" will probably be application of a new sticker telling people not to rub a balloon on your belly while the fuel cap is open and while you're on a cell phone ... dealer to install to ensure that there's a paper trail in order to limit liability. Same decal will be added to brp / ac, etc ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kid cause I care. Had to share it. Lol

Attachments

• 8DFBDA4D-1E28-477A-9242-6BC11EDA447E.jpeg
    8DFBDA4D-1E28-477A-9242-6BC11EDA447E.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 230

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of a Polaris gas tank go boom?

Top Bottom