Polaris 2022 Release

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Cheaters cheat, the polaris leaves first, the ski doo has a pack on the back tunnel, the Polaris does not, who thinks that an 185 HP would not beat an 165HP sled, I know I know it`s the greatest sled ever built, yes it`s going to be a good sled, i get the same results when i race a Polaris 850 at 4,000 feet with my ski doo turbo which has about 20 more HP.

About 6000' and above the Skidoo Turbo 165 starts to pull on my N/A Polaris (both 165 and 174) but it has to be steep and a long pull but not too deep or the Doo trenches and gets hung up on the boards. The Polaris is fast out of the hole for sure.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 6000' and above the Skidoo Turbo 165 starts to pull on my N/A Polaris (both 165 and 174) but it has to be steep and a long pull but not too deep or the Doo trenches and gets hung up on the boards. The Polaris is fast out of the hole for sure.

cough cough bs... rode 3 days with a 2021 rmk 163 and 2021 tdoo 165, the na rmk wasn’t close on anything.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you listened at the beginning of the video they had been testing and found something the day before, Interesting. Compare production sleds and then let’s see the difference. The only sled in western Canada hey. Stock setup I’m sure. Just remember don’t believe everything you see or hear, it may not be as it seams. I am more impressed with chassis then the turbo. If that skidoo was still running the ****ty stock clutching I believe the results absolutely. Next season will be fun.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cough cough bs... rode 3 days with a 2021 rmk 163 and 2021 tdoo 165, the na rmk wasn’t close on anything.

Believe what you want. I give credit where credit is due. I'm sure my Doo riding friends would not argue. Even the N/A Doo 175 was faster at 6000' on a lake against a 2020.5 Doo Turbo. (about a city block length) At around 7000' this season my buddy on his 2021 Freeride 165 turbo was outclimbing me while I was on my 2019 174. It was a long open climb where the Doo could stretch it's legs. Wasn't a big difference but he also weighs more than me. It's not our typical riding so we don't often get to see the turbo shine like it did that day.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Believe what you want. I give credit where credit is due. I'm sure my Doo riding friends would not argue. Even the N/A Doo 175 was faster at 6000' on a lake against a 2020.5 Doo Turbo. (about a city block length) At around 7000' this season my buddy on his 2021 Freeride 165 turbo was outclimbing me while I was on my 2019 174. It was a long open climb where the Doo could stretch it's legs. Wasn't a big difference but he also weighs more than me. It's not our typical riding so we don't often get to see the turbo shine like it did that day.

if a guy that weighs more than you is outclimbing you with a 165 when you have a 174 and a lighter rider, its outperforming you. Deep snow there is no comparsin with the boost, and ive learned lake racing its not good at whatsoever, it needs load. Deep snow load.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if a guy that weighs more than you is outclimbing you with a 165 when you have a 174 and a lighter rider, its outperforming you. Deep snow there is no comparsin with the boost, and ive learned lake racing its not good at whatsoever, it needs load. Deep snow load.

Attachments

• 25861 02_KFT_Ignite_Ultra_120ct_Ctn_MINAS_1.png
    25861 02_KFT_Ignite_Ultra_120ct_Ctn_MINAS_1.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 200

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dammit! Are you telling my turbo doo isn't going to win races on the lake? I'm sure the Polaris is and should be able to out climb the doo as it apparently is lighter and has +/- 20 more hp. However i wouldn't start hi fiving like a bunch of turbo Yammie's at the top of a Shute just yet. Lets see how many stay together the first year.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Live to hear about guys lake racing their mountain sleds and then complain they blow up hahaha

Anyway, just spoke with local dealer and the snow checks are going so fast they are quickly approaching the end of manufacturing capacity. Unless polaris is only making 10 of each model i would say this is a good sign.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dammit! Are you telling my turbo doo isn't going to win races on the lake? I'm sure the Polaris is and should be able to out climb the doo as it apparently is lighter and has +/- 20 more hp. However i wouldn't start hi fiving like a bunch of turbo Yammie's at the top of a Shute just yet. Lets see how many stay together the first year.

Yup
Not a proven product until consumers get a shot at wrecking it

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last race looked like "That Skidoo Feeling" is a feeling of sadness.
Matryx stomped the doo and no poaching on that one.

Track speed 74-79 - so not very high but apparently higher than the Doo.
All it has o do is stay together....

Ahh thats MPH, Polaris always came in MPH unless someone in the know can correct me on that.
Watching the vid I highly doubt thats KPH.

I would put to much into the races, the guy on the doo has a reaction time of a turtle compared to brett, but at least he kept a fresh line. Lol

I know the Polaris is still a prototype but....it looks like doo has catching up to do.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh thats MPH, Polaris always came in MPH unless someone in the know can correct me on that.
Watching the vid I highly doubt thats KPH.

I would put to much into the races, the guy on the doo has a reaction time of a turtle compared to brett, but at least he kept a fresh line. Lol

I know the Polaris is still a prototype but....it looks like doo has catching up to do.

Something up on those spedos.
One video 37 and one at 79.
I don't know Polaris enough on the new iron but 79mph is FAST and 79kph is a bit slow for a 155.
Beats me which is correct but it sure held the front up bit and ripped.
Going to be a ton of turbos on the hill next year that is for sure!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something up on those spedos.
One video 37 and one at 79.
I don't know Polaris enough on the new iron but 79mph is FAST and 79kph is a bit slow for a 155.
Beats me which is correct but it sure held the front up bit and ripped.
Going to be a ton of turbos on the hill next year that is for sure!!!

Dunno what other vids have produced, but I tried to watch all of the gauge footage in Bretts vid as I could. He was consistently in the 60-70 range.
A 60lb lighter, more hp sled, in a 155, that better be MPH. Cause I know what the doo turbos are making.
I have not ridden a high boost Polaris since 2012. The 174 3” silber that was on that sled made 71mph in Allen creek, with me on it.

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno what other vids have produced, but I tried to watch all of the gauge footage in Bretts vid as I could. He was consistently in the 60-70 range.
A 60lb lighter, more hp sled, in a 155, that better be MPH. Cause I know what the doo turbos are making.
I have not ridden a high boost Polaris since 2012. The 174 3” silber that was on that sled made 71mph in Allen creek, with me on it.
I would hope 60-70 is mph. My stock Alpha was pulling 65-70km on a pull depending on snow.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/MGIq_qKMRa8

go to the 15 minute mark and watch the G4 race comparison. The one race is ridiculous with the Matryx poaching the whole way up. Poached eggs.

Niner, nice promo video.
I think the dude on the Doo should of turned out so the Poo dudes could get even more horned out. Love the poaching BTW.
Videos can be manipulated to fit the need.
Total BS, if you buy into it your idiot.

Top Bottom