Polaris 2022 Release

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's definitely dealing with mountain terrain!!!

Is there anything better than talking sleds and then it turns to tits?

bikini season is coming....

Maybe we need to get Max out on the river Chris?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice!
Mine kinda similar with Plumb Crazy rails and spindles, added Velocity shocks.
Put estart on it, like not pull starting sleds.

Also have my 19 175X Doo for sale.
Only 998km on it if somebody interested.
PM me.

Snochuk are you concerned going away from the 175 and back to a 165? Especially with th3 turbo, it’s gunna be a tail stander for sure, I have a Polaris snow checked but I’m actually second guessing it alot, I’m getting older, to old for flips and bowties and prefer a sled to keep the track in the snow, it could just be I’m a throwback to the days of high marking! I’m honestly thinking of letting the Polaris go and taking 175 T do

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snochuk are you concerned going away from the 175 and back to a 165? Especially with th3 turbo, it’s gunna be a tail stander for sure, I have a Polaris snow checked but I’m actually second guessing it alot, I’m getting older, to old for flips and bowties and prefer a sled to keep the track in the snow, it could just be I’m a throwback to the days of high marking! I’m honestly thinking of letting the Polaris go and taking 175 T do

Not the least bit worried about going back to 165.
The 175 was planted and forgiving for sure but required a lot of input to whip around when trenched in and Doos spend a bit of time trenching when climbing.
I am definitely dated to the moves of the young kids and have always been more of a distance rider than beat the same couple hills all day.
Suspension set up and a lock out rear shock (last resort) will cure 90% of flips.
Will have to rely on my cat like reflexes for the last 10%......aka I will be digging lol.
Either of the turbo brands are well beyond my riding skillset, the 165 will be just fine and I want to try a sled with less flex and wobble parts. For my needs the 165 is fine, 175 was a bit to much.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know you are not asking me but I'm turning 56 next month and ride a Polaris 165 Khaos. It is easy to ride once you get to appreciate the vertical steering. To me it is way more in control than the Skidoo and way lighter to get unstuck which at my age is becoming more important. I also have the 174 Polaris which is great too but the 165 just makes you a bit better of a rider. As my good friend says...don't let the old man in.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the least bit worried about going back to 165.
The 175 was planted and forgiving for sure but required a lot of input to whip around when trenched in and Doos spend a bit of time trenching when climbing.
I am definitely dated to the moves of the young kids and have always been more of a distance rider than beat the same couple hills all day.
Suspension set up and a lock out rear shock (last resort) will cure 90% of flips.
Will have to rely on my cat like reflexes for the last 10%......aka I will be digging lol.
Either of the turbo brands are well beyond my riding skillset, the 165 will be just fine and I want to try a sled with less flex and wobble parts. For my needs the 165 is fine, 175 was a bit to much.
Going to have to get together next season and steal your sled. Thinking that'll be my season 2023 machine if they aren't all blowing apart.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to have to get together next season and steal your sled. Thinking that'll be my season 2023 machine if they aren't all blowing apart.

As an older rider I will be adding my 175 skidoo track to my 2022 turbo for sure. Trying 4 tracks this season on my 2021 mtntk turbo pro for my preference I feel if your gunna have the power then let her climb. Flipping over at the slightest incline got old pretty quick just figured whats the point. The 175 in the 163 tunnel seemed to be fairly nimble still and im still able to pull the frontend up easily.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you are not asking me but I'm turning 56 next month and ride a Polaris 165 Khaos. It is easy to ride once you get to appreciate the vertical steering. To me it is way more in control than the Skidoo and way lighter to get unstuck which at my age is becoming more important. I also have the 174 Polaris which is great too but the 165 just makes you a bit better of a rider. As my good friend says...don't let the old man in.

No I appreciate the input from any of the older riders out there, we’re all kinda facing the same issues! Like Snochuk I’m a mile maker and the farther I can get away from the crowds the better.it will be really interesting to see how much differently the Polaris chassis responds to boost, I thought the gen 4 was a completely different animal. I’m on my 4th gen 4 chassis now and haven’t had any of the issues that others seem to talk about with the doo’s, deep country reliability is huge for me, I’ve decided to let the patriot boost go for this year and let somebody else put the test miles on them! 175 T Doo for me!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I appreciate the input from any of the older riders out there, we’re all kinda facing the same issues! Like Snochuk I’m a mile maker and the farther I can get away from the crowds the better.it will be really interesting to see how much differently the Polaris chassis responds to boost, I thought the gen 4 was a completely different animal. I’m on my 4th gen 4 chassis now and haven’t had any of the issues that others seem to talk about with the doo’s, deep country reliability is huge for me, I’ve decided to let the patriot boost go for this year and let somebody else put the test miles on them! 175 T Doo for me!

You won't be disappointed

I just want something easier to toss around.
After 200hp in the 175" the 165" Tdoo was not overly impressive, but definatly powerful in a super smooth way.
Ya I am hoping not to be to much of a test mule but could not resist the extra 20hp over the doo.
And did not want the 175 again, was just to big for me.
Not many years left in me and still on the variety trip.
Next year will be very interesting indeed!

Last edited:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed

I just want something easier to toss around.
After 200hp in the 175" the 165" Tdoo was not overly impressive, but definatly powerful in a super smooth way.
Ya I am hoping not to be to much of a test mule but could not resist the extra 20hp over the doo.
And did not want the 175 again, was just to big for me.
Not many years left in me and still on the variety trip.
Next year will be very interesting indeed!

Same for me, hopefully have another 5 or 6 years left in me?. plan on trying to see as much different country as possible over the next couple years

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/MGIq_qKMRa8

go to the 15 minute mark and watch the G4 race comparison. The one race is ridiculous with the Matryx poaching the whole way up. Poached eggs.

Attachments

• 0016DAA6-91D3-455D-9FD7-DE0AEB5283D2.png
    0016DAA6-91D3-455D-9FD7-DE0AEB5283D2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
  • 4F5F585E-97E7-4E56-B41A-C7BFFC1A2732.png
    4F5F585E-97E7-4E56-B41A-C7BFFC1A2732.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 325
  • 40161334-63A6-4C14-A03D-8165DE4F9D79.png
    40161334-63A6-4C14-A03D-8165DE4F9D79.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 313
Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Cheaters cheat, the polaris leaves first, the ski doo has a pack on the back tunnel, the Polaris does not, who thinks that an 185 HP would not beat an 165HP sled, I know I know it`s the greatest sled ever built, yes it`s going to be a good sled, i get the same results when i race a Polaris 850 at 4,000 feet with my ski doo turbo which has about 20 more HP.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well even if the polaris started a bit before u could still till the it kept gaining the lead overall. But turcotte is lighter then other rider and had a tunnel bag, maybe they had bricks in the tunnel bag lol

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last race looked like "That Skidoo Feeling" is a feeling of sadness.
Matryx stomped the doo and no poaching on that one.

Track speed 74-79 - so not very high but apparently higher than the Doo.
All it has o do is stay together....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last race looked like "That Skidoo Feeling" is a feeling of sadness.
Matryx stomped the doo and no poaching on that one.

Track speed 74-79 - so not very high but apparently higher than the Doo.
All it has o do is stay together....

stopmed? when he turned around he was just behind the tree. was expecting alot more for 20 more hp and 20 less lbs. The first race well, cant even consider that one.

Top Bottom