PLEASE Clear your windows!!

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Please everybody, take the time in the morning to properly scrape your windows. A couple minutes could easily save you from an accident. Id hate to see anyone on these forums get hurt, or worse, from something easily avoidable. Last week, in my truck, i was hit by a woman in a grand am going 30k. She had a 3" spot at the bottom of her windshield which she could see out of. I was at a dead stop, and she plowed straight into the front of my truck. Neither of us were hurt, but I cant say the same for her little car, which was a write-off. Nothing but a scratched bumper and a tweaked tie rod on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
To add to her stupidity, she began furiously scraping her windshield after hitting me, hoping the police wouldnt see. :crazy:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am certainly not trying to defend her but if your truck wasn't blacked out in the front it might have been more visible too. Just saying....

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I am certainly not trying to defend her but if your truck wasn't blacked out in the front it might have been more visible too. Just saying....
Although it was a non issue here, as she couldnt see anything anyways, I definately see where you are coming from. Those lights were only temporary, had them lying around and used them for a few weeks after hitting a deer. The light output was still enough with the lights that it was more than visible, and the lights were on when it happened.
Blacked out lights:
How it sits today, crystal clear lenses, hids:

Sent from my iPhone using

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a crappy picture then in the first post as they didn't look that bright. Good thing she wasn't going faster!

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Heard on the radio today, that the cops were gonna issue tickets if you get caught without cleaning snow off vehicle or scraping the windows
Hope they do ticket the lazy bastard.

She got nailed with tickets pretty badly, deserved it too. Its a $210 ticket, and the cop ended up giving her 3 of them. 1 for the windshield, and 1 for each side window

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Headlights on or not....don't mean sh!t. If she can't see a 4500lb pickup parked in front of her, I don't think a pedestrian would stand much of a chance. I hope she learns something from it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt it lol. I used to think people could learn but I drive in Edmonton and have watch Canada's Worst Driver a few times!

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Headlights on or not....don't mean sh!t. If she can't see a 4500lb pickup parked in front of her, I don't think a pedestrian would stand much of a chance. I hope she learns something from it.
My thoughts exactly, It was in a school zone at 8:00 in the morning, pretty lucky it was my truck she hit and not a kid. According to the address in her insurance info, she drove about 15km like that.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen it this morning at the Sylvan timmy's. Superduty snow covered windsheild(cleaned by wipers) and on cell phone.

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shawn, thanks for this thread. I was going to start it, but you beat me to it. I complain to my coworkers about snow covered cars (no lights on as well) in traffic. The police should have an 8hr snow removal course for these people for the 1st offense. A weekend course for 2nd time or greater offenses. Things like "counting the number of bristles" , "average length of a brush handle" could be taught. For community service they can sweep cars. (Obviously I've been dwelling on this subject.)

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Some places in Europe any accident involving a pedestrian is automatically the pedestrians fault.I would love to see that here.That would teach the stupid phucks from stepping out into traffic.

Top Bottom