Photo Radar

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
screw you buddy i have a.d.d and im a perfectly fine driver. not paying attention while driving is not ONLY caused by the dissorder. and thats extremly disrespectful for you to even say... its one thing to think it but keep those opinions to yourself.

this may be an old post but im just seeing it now and it should have never been allowed to stay in the first place.

My guess is he was not referring specifically to peeps with A.D.D. ...think he was generalizing about peeps not paying attention.

Cheers

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is he was not referring specifically to peeps with A.D.D. ...think he was generalizing about peeps not paying attention.

Cheers
Sry fernie but he was thats what got me so up set
Speed doesn't kill, drivers with attention deficit disorder sure do. If you are in control of a motor vehicle it is your duty to pay attention to driving. When you lack the brains to pay attention, people can and do die.
He may have only meant people not paying attention but its the way he worded it that hits close to home

Last edited:

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
I have the clear licence plate covers and they definitely work. I have avoided several photo radar tickets since I put one on every vehicle I own. The problem is they are illegal and you have to take them off your car a couple times a year to clean them on the inside. I feel they are definitely worth the risk, a year of use and no grief yet.

What clear ones do you use? do they "obscure" the plate because that's the main issue right. post a pic if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To clear this up a bit. Police use two different forms of speed detection. Radar and Laser.
Radar is primarily used by RCMP and sheriffs on the highways. Radar is a form of sound wave. The waves are emitted from the gun and bounce off the object and everything else around and some return to the gun and a speed calculated. The waves have a wide range and travel a long distance which is why you can pick up a radar trap so far away with your detector. To combat detectors there is instant on radar which only emits when the cop pulls the trigger and this will give you very little warning. To protect yourself from instant on its always good to let someone else travel slightly ahead, you will get a quick warning of radar when the vehicle in fronts speed is checked. Radar detector works quite well if used properly against radar. Valentine 1 is probably the best for sensitivity but lacks the new tech features of the detectors mentioned . I run it for the sensitivity and the fact that it will tell you if radar is from forward or behind, and will count how many different guns are being used... handy for those speed traps which have a second car just down the road waiting for those who think they are safe.
Laser is the killer. Used mostly in the city but the sheriffs also have it and make a killing on the highway with it. Laser is a light beam. It is very narrow and focused. You will almost never get a warning on a radar/laser detector unless the cop had you in the laser gun’s site.. ie you’re getting a ticket. The only solution is a laser jammer. There are many out there, almost all are useless. Buy a Laser Interceptor. I have run one for the last 8 years and it has all the different gun’s wave length and pulse rate programmed into the computer. Updateable as well. When hit with laser the jammer activates, tells me the make and model of the gun being used and sends back the same wavelength and pulse rate confusing the gun but not sending a jam code like all the others sending a generic signal. They are illegal. If triggered I just slow down and shut it off and let the officer get a speed. It also acts like a parking sensor for the first minute of operation and comes with a handy glove box manual on how it works as a parking sensor. It is hardwired into your vehicle.
I spent a ton of time researching this after being hauled into a number of calgary’s famous 5-10 over speed traps which do nothing but generate cash. I have access to laser guns and my system has been tested with jam to the gun. Been ticket free for years. There are a couple good forums out there on the subject.

How is it that you have access to a laser?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from wikipedia.. I could find a more creditable source if you like? I and they could vey well be wrong though, care to explain what Radar is?

"Radar is an object detection system which uses radio waves to determine the range, altitude, direction, or speed of objects."
Radar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Laser Jammer can be bought online at Laser Interceptor - World's #1 Rated Jammer 7 Years in a Row

Exactly. Wikipedia also agrees with me that RADAR is not sound waves.

martincc

Reaction score
Indeed you are correct and I was wrong, thanks for pointing that out.. complete disconnect from brain to keyboard.. Radar is a form of radio wave and not sound waves..

Exactly. Wikipedia also agrees with me that RADAR is not sound waves.

Top Bottom