Performance Engine Re-builder

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says I am looking for recommendations from anyone here on a good performance engine builder. The boy wants to yank the 440 LC engine out of the Mxz and get it done up so he can do some snow drags...

So any of you that may know a really good builder please let me know.

thanks,

Bigredd

Reaction score
Motts Machining in St Albert he's in the old Riverside location, he builds some good stuff. I run his 880 it works very well.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says I am looking for recommendations from anyone here on a good performance engine builder. The boy wants to yank the 440 LC engine out of the Mxz and get it done up so he can do some snow drags...

So any of you that may know a really good builder please let me know.

thanks,

What class is he thinking of running and at what displacement? This will determine how much HP he needs. Talk to Deano670 and see what he says, I think he might have raced in the drags once or twice.... :D Is still planning on riding it around or will it be only a drag sled? because if he still wants to ride it then he probably doesn't want to go balls to the wall with it. There was a guy years ago that was running 600 top ends on the 440 crankcase (660cc) and killing the competition.

Bondi does some good work with Rotax stuff out east, they have put together some stout drag motors. Again, it will all depend if he wants it to be driveable or just dragable.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 on MOTS great guy to deal with, I will be dynoing my sled at his shop soon. It all depends on what he wants to spend also. Good luck

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guy's. I still want it drive-able and he's not worried about money since he's using my money :eek:, the way I see it, if it keeps them active and happy then it's worth every penny.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guy's. I still want it drive-able and he's not worried about money since he's using my money :eek:, the way I see it, if it keeps them active and happy then it's worth every penny.

If you still want it driveable and reliable then you should look at spending more on the chassis mods and less on the motor IMO. Apart from boring, porting, pipes and shaving, there is not too much you are going to be able to do and keep it driveable IMO. If you do a little motor work but also do things like drop and suspension etc then you will actually be able to put that power to the ground and also still be able to drive it down the trail.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drag specific clutching? i dont know never dragged raced

Yes there is drag specific clutching. Also could play with gearing etc. Many things that could be done that will make it a better drag sled but not compromise the motor.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Mots a call, thats the only snowmobiling Tom does anymore is drag racing. He runs a cookie cutter with a 1000 Crankshop setup and they also run an 800xp. But don't wait too long because they can get busy real fast!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summit 889 said it best. I do rebuilds and offer MOD and Specific built engines,but when it comes to machining and porting i dont do it in house. Tom is awsome to deal with typically you get way more than you pay for and is always willing to answer those tech questions that need to be asked. 780 418 5595 is the number you should call especially for a ROTAX engine.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Top Bottom