Over reving on the 850T

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I think it’s in the computer every time you start.

i swear some starts it building boost at 5000rpm, yea hear it on this start. 5 starts latter it’s way late to build boost and basically feels stock to 7000rpm. Stop and start again and it’s building boost again.

call me crazy, just what I think anyway.

Fyi my clutching is bang on, running the 20.5 primary clutching setup, 79-8000rpm

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my theory, that not all of the sleds come from the factory with the same mapping. Snow check R@D I call it, and they find the problems though warranty.
When I seen the calibration for 2021 I was concerned they detuned the 2021 over the 2020.5.

I could be totally wrong, but if the sleds run that different from one another, what else can it be? Extremely poor QC?
You may disappear now lol.
But I think you are more right than you think.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I also agree, my sled seemed to run really strong this year and I kept adding more and more weight to the primary and it just got faster each time, loved being loaded up, by the time I finished clutching I had gained 10 kms/ hr track speed over stock and its a 175! Also just a side note, I never had a fuel issue all year, most times carried my jerry full back down the trail, I think the long track helps fuel economy but I always thought maybe mine ran like it was a thursday build not a Monday build, dunno but even my buddies think the ol girl pulls pretty hard.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also agree, my sled seemed to run really strong this year and I kept adding more and more weight to the primary and it just got faster each time, loved being loaded up, by the time I finished clutching I had gained 10 kms/ hr track speed over stock and its a 175! Also just a side note, I never had a fuel issue all year, most times carried my jerry full back down the trail, I think the long track helps fuel economy but I always thought maybe mine ran like it was a thursday build not a Monday build, dunno but even my buddies think the ol girl pulls pretty hard.
Care to share how much weight you settled on?

Bottom end still snappy?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thought it was interesting watching muskokas last video riding in Ontario and not hearing any turbo noise or wastegate on his turbski....

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the clutching diff from 20.5 and 21s

2020.5 was 984 ramp 51gm, 38 mm pivot 16.7gm, for a total of 68gms..
2021 was 994 ramp 49gms, 33mm pivot 15.5gms, for a total of 64.5gms.
we settled on 74gms +/- depending on conditions and clickers.
At least we have some adjustment now. 7900rpm...:)

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Bottom end super snappy, I don't know how much weight I need up with, I would have to take one out and weigh it, all I know is all my slots are full with magnets!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think about it. Maybe BRP is adding boost to some sleds to test for the next evolution? Customer complains so dealer puts more weight in for him or better yet pays for it himself and BRP gets real world data from those sleds warranty wise like Caper said. No one is the wiser and would explain a lot. Maybe this post should be in the Conspiracy thread? Lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch’s are basically a dyno if everything being equal.
These sleds are all new 2021’s with low kms so ones that are over reving are making power . Plain and simple boys .
The NA sleds were all the same but not so noticeable due to no boost and the clicker system on TRA.
Of course? IMO

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2020.5 was 984 ramp 51gm, 38 mm pivot 16.7gm, for a total of 68gms..
2021 was 994 ramp 49gms, 33mm pivot 15.5gms, for a total of 64.5gms.
we settled on 74gms +/- depending on conditions and clickers.
At least we have some adjustment now. 7900rpm...:)

The 2022 looks like will have the same specs as the 21 except with a 3mm spacer.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
56ecd12160dc64073d84509c308354e8.png

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2 we have both acted the same and were overreving. They have the new clutch setup now and reacted the same, 7900rpm. The other 850t riders we have spoke with all mentioned they were overreving. I think maybe guys that mostly tree ride may not see this over rev as much as a climber would on a longer run, I’m not sure.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mayby its not the motors making more power.... mayby it is inconsistency in the belts. belt slip is a real deal and will indicate higher rpms. alignment is off or better
Or suspension setup, track not in the snow, easy to over rev.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup Paul’s sled is a ripper. He’s the season Chrisco sunk a gazillion dollars in his turbo pro. Pretty sure the 165 boost won’t be keeping up to it. Runs with all our aftermarket 5 pound turbo poos. Next winter is gonna be interesting because my money will be on Paul’s sled beating up on the 165 boost.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup Paul’s sled is a ripper. He’s the season Chrisco sunk a gazillion dollars in his turbo pro. Pretty sure the 165 boost won’t be keeping up to it. Runs with all our aftermarket 5 pound turbo poos. Next winter is gonna be interesting because my money will be on Paul’s sled beating up on the 165 boost.

Sounds like its a 175 thing tho. Or does Paul have a “good runner” compared to maxwell’s 165?

Top Bottom