Options for coolant tank mod

ice auger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Polaris XCSP 700 and it has that retard plastic coolant tank. The cap is destroying the lip of the tank and is slightly leaking antifreeze. Anybody have a better option?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks D.....anybody put a different better tank?

Lots of different options, get a surge tank from Wahl or you can just buy a plastic bottle like the aluminum one, but its plastic. Racers Edge used to have a pic on their website but I see the website is no longer working. Maybe someone else has a pic?

Anyway, here's a link to the wahl website and to another thread on this site about coolant bottles.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f401/coolant-bottle-delete-20424.html

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Modman says but cheaper....use an Arctic Cat surge bottle instead of an overflow tank. Cheap Cheap. Used to do it on our 670 in Indy chassis sleds.

Edit...found PN: 1606-396

Last edited:

ice auger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave B my sled does have a surge (expansion) tank now it is just a bad design of tank and cap from Polaris....The cap grinds the plastic and ruins the bottle. Does the image you provided have a twist on cap?

ice auger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea just wondering if you knew if it was a metal cap on a plastic bottle or a platic cap on a plastic bottle...Wahl bros said they would make we a metal one for me for $75.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a metal rad cap on a plastic surge tank. If you are taking that cap off more than twice per season, there is something seriously wrong with your machine.

Top Bottom