opinions wanted. xp panel colours vs. decal

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looking for opinions.. any pictures would be VERY welcom.

I smashed my LH pannel (grey 2008) and need to replace. I figure if i'm relacing one i might as well go black. Then I though Hmmm, maybe blue?

What about a full decal kit over the oem grey (then I only have to buy one).

my options are

1 oem an decal kit (over grey pannels)= 120+300 = 520

2 black both sides = 240
3 blue both sides = 240

Do decal kits look good or bad over the grey or is black better to cover?

just fishing for ideas...

funrider

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same to my 08, black but I may look at blue now that you mention it.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black doors are pretty hard to come by these days. They are backorder to the factory from BRP with no ETA listed so unless your dealer has some in stock it's gonna be a long wait. IMO all blacked out is the way to go!

Cory BR Tech

Reaction score
We sell Lightweight Durable Lexan sidepanels for the XP. They are $240 a panel for clear and $325 a panel for colored. For more info about BR Tech our website is BRTech Racing | Snowmobile Hood, Jeep Hood, Sport Import Hood | Lexan™ Lightweight Hood Manufacturer or you can email me directly at cory@brtechracing.com

DSC00809.jpg

XP154

Reaction score
I to am thinking about getting black side panels and I was wondering if a guy could just bring them to a body shop and paint over the grey ones that I have now? I would paint over the vent kit and all. Has anyone done this?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looking for opinions.. any pictures would be VERY welcom.

I smashed my LH pannel (grey 2008) and need to replace. I figure if i'm relacing one i might as well go black. Then I though Hmmm, maybe blue?

What about a full decal kit over the oem grey (then I only have to buy one).

my options are

1 oem an decal kit (over grey pannels)= 120+300 = 520

2 black both sides = 240
3 blue both sides = 240

Do decal kits look good or bad over the grey or is black better to cover?

just fishing for ideas...

My thoughts:

1 - decal kits are cool but once you scratch it, it just doesn't look as good. Its unique and if someone tries to swipe your sled it is harder to disguise or to hide it and sell it. Easiest sled to steal is the one that looks like all the others... makes you stand out in a crowd as well and adds the bling factor.

2 - blacked out is awesome but lots of blacked out sleds out there now. Easiest to repair if you scratch it, can colour in spots with a jiffy marker if you wanted to. Hard to notice scratches, probably the most forgiving colour. Easiest to keep clean - you won't even see the belt dust.

3 - blue would be unique too but hard to keep clean and hard to repair scratches etc. Hard to keep clean for exhaust and belt dust (more noticeable than black). Hard to colour co-ordinate other parts or other accessories if you want down the road, maybe hard to match the "Doo blue".

Cory BR Tech

Reaction score
looks good , get a few more pic's of it and post on the " yellow " thread:beer:

Sorry i just started posting on here. Can someone tell me where the "yellow" thread is? Link to it would be awesome. I want to let everyone see our new stuff! :)

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.. I appreciate your thoughts.

I found 1 black pannel in stock and no grey ones. Maybe i'll be mismatch for a bit.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had both panels break as well as the console and hood earlier this year. I decided to go with white on black. White hood and console, black panels. I then also picked up a white skid plate and black/white shock covers. Here is what it looked like before i put the windsheild back on. I have only seen one that looks close to it, and it was a 2009 hillclimb edition. Nobody ever guesses that it is a 2008 anymore.

Attachments

• P1110301.jpg
    P1110301.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 29

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i just started posting on here. Can someone tell me where the "yellow" thread is? Link to it would be awesome. I want to let everyone see our new stuff! :)

the yellow thread is under snowmobile brands forum > ski-doo > yellow. (same place as this thread is.)

i checked out your website, you got some nice hoods/panels on there. i can't wait to see a couple pics of a few so i can see what i want to order!!

Top Bottom