Okanogan Shuswap Riding conditions and Updates 2014/2014

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View of Owlhead out the window this morning. Not looking like winter. We often ride from house this time of year.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It snowed like 4-5 inch in salmon arm today while at work, was doing the dance of joy, till I came home and the snow was no more at canoe

This is nuts

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only machine that got some work today is my snowblower. Cant even bomb around the yard with grandson due to lack of snow in town :(

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok sooooo we rode today! Again you have to park at owlhead to get to blue which we did. Trail was great as they groomed it Tuesday its a hike for sure. Once you are at the logging area there is kind of a sled trail on the side of the road that we are asked to use. Once at BL CABIN there is good snow 2' of fresh/u touched In most places. But there are lots of holes/creek spots so be careful like the hill right behind the cabin. Hence why there is good snow as some won't want to get to it;)
Here are just a few pics.

Corrisa@shaw.ca
780-916-8558 & text
Fb Corrisa Schurek

Ambassador for Divas snowgear.com

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode Noisy Creek today and had a great time. Found some white fluffy stuff called powder :cool: in the trees but need 2-3 ft more.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Eagles pass today. Trail was groomed to about 22km the rest of the way was NOT done. I talked to the groomer on the way down and they said they were going to try to get to the gas drop. Fair warning that section is kinda brutal. Many small creeks running through the trail some were over a foot deep with water.
You can park in the main lot some trucks with decks were driving up to the 2nd parking lot. Many of the lakes had a good 6-8" of slush on them.
We were going to ride owlhead but someone thought they did not need chains and blocked the trail. All sledders were sent to Eagles.
They are saying min 10cm of snow tonight as well.
I'll post more pics later. :)

Corrisa@shaw.ca
780-916-8558 & text
Fb Corrisa Schurek

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brutal start to the season ! Thanks for the update Corrisa ! Conditions seem worse now than few weeks ago ! Debating on getting chains - headed out next Thursday!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brutal start to the season ! Thanks for the update Corrisa ! Conditions seem worse now than few weeks ago ! Debating on getting chains - headed out next Thursday!

I hear ya. We are going to get 10-20cm tonight between Eagles pass and Rogers pass tonight! But there is no snow in town here. So I'd say bring them just incase there is not enough snow for the trail:)

Corrisa@shaw.ca
780-916-8558 & text
Fb Corrisa Schurek

adamjohn

Reaction score
Doesn't sound good!

I'm just getting back from Newfoundland and hoping to get out on the 30th, has anyone been to Hunters?

rydemx

Reaction score
Rode hunters early this morning ! Was pounded too **** !! Never seen so many friggen red plates in my life riding there . Time to venture out to the monashees .

GRD

Reaction score
Rode Blue Lake today! Lots of sleds. Overall snow is low but lots of new fresh. Was snowing when we left.

Top Bottom