Okanogan Shuswap Riding conditions and Updates 2014/2014

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my ast 1 this weekend and there are sure some week layers there video bowl had some natural releases that we viewed on sunday

Were you with Wes?

Hopefully those layers do not persist all winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another fun Shuswap day!! Thanks to all involved!!

Snow was dry and fluffy for a cpl of feet then a good base......good weather and viz made for a really great day on the sleds....coverage was good and carnage kept to a minimum.....kept the skis outa the snow hahaha

Now....more snow needed

Attachments

• Crow1 dec14.jpg
    Crow1 dec14.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 444
  • Crow3 dec14.jpg
    Crow3 dec14.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 444
  • Crow4 dec14.jpg
    Crow4 dec14.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 444
  • Crow6 dec14.jpg
    Crow6 dec14.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 443
  • Crow 5dec14.jpg
    Crow 5dec14.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 448
  • Crow7 dec14.jpg
    Crow7 dec14.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 461

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would there happen to be any updates from Park Nelson?
I went with the boys from the coldstream fire hall on Sunday and well a good base building but not much for snow I think it rained to the top. There was some fun pulls even rolled my sled and kyle had hill sled run away on him. Its going to be great up there when we get some snow.

MonasheeJay

Reaction score
Conditions at Hunters were 'ok' yesterday. Certainly nothing to rave about. A foot of fresh on top of a 4" layer of concrete. At times, you couldn't break through the concrete layer, resulting in your track spinning you around on top.

Nonetheless, it was still a fair day, with no mechanical casualties.

vlcsnap-2014-12-21-12h47m29s122.jpg vlcsnap-2014-12-21-13h09m25s8.jpg vlcsnap-2014-12-21-12h59m06s212.jpg vlcsnap-2014-12-21-12h53m54s141.jpg

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The report today was they will be trying to groom Eagles and owlhead tonight. The first 2km at owlhead is sheer ice chains are mandatory until they can bring more snow down. You also can NOT use blue lake trail and queest as they are logging. Blue you must use owlhead and connector to blue. There is a 4-5' base at the cabin with a foot or more of fresh over the last few days. Looks like more on its way. I'm hoping to get up to owlhead and blue in the next few days.

Corrisa@shaw.ca
780-916-8558 & text
Fb Corrisa Schurek

Ambassador for Divas snowgear.com

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The report today was they will be trying to groom Eagles and owlhead tonight. The first 2km at owlhead is sheer ice chains are mandatory until they can bring more snow down. You also can NOT use blue lake trail and queest as they are logging. Blue you must use owlhead and connector to blue. There is a 4-5' base at the cabin with a foot or more of fresh over the last few days. Looks like more on its way. I'm hoping to get up to owlhead and blue in the next few days.

Corrisa@shaw.ca
780-916-8558 & text
Fb Corrisa Schurek

If u haven't been up yet corrisa, the road sucks lol, mother nature needs a good swift kick, I can't believe the no snow down low

GRD

Reaction score
What is the staging like at Eagles? Trailers or just decks?

Corrisa@shaw.ca
780-916-8558 & text
Fb Corrisa Schurek

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if u have a enclosed, go early to get a spot, bring chains and make sure u have a truck to tow it, and don't puzzy foot it up

Unlike the guys with a half ton and enclosed on Saturday , dumb sh!ts....

Reactions: GRD

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So owl head and eagles were groomed today. I stopped to chat with the trial collector at owl she said the first 2k were bad and that trucks with trailers need chains. Trucks with decks were ok. Eagles is the same but driving up to 1km must have chains.
I expect this to change this week with snow coming and we will be parking in the main lots. We are supposed to get up to 25cm tonight Avy conditions are high for dec24.
I was taking with Trevor at Macs machines and he said yesterday and today almost everything was sliding without this new snow.

Corrisa@shaw.ca
780-916-8558 & text
Fb Corrisa Schurek

Top Bottom