Oilers off to a good start?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes and no the flames were on the road and it took 48 minutes to blow the lead but the oil faithful boo ed the team on home ice. The oil melt down took 25 minutes (approx). As Flames fans - we are used to the big melt downs but I could see the oiler fans took it pretty hard and had a big big sigh of relief in the shoot out. Your goalie needs to play better if your team is going to go anywhere this year. I would hate to see my Oiler fan friends go without seeing their team make it to the playoff for 4 years in a row.

Thanks it's nice to know somebody cares about us.:cray: personellly i think detroit was plying with us for the first 40. they couldn't make a pass to save their life in the first 40 then all of a sudden all the passes are tape to tape and they are moving twice as fast as us:confused: we're lucky we made it to the shootout i think.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks it's nice to know somebody cares about us.:cray: personellly i think detroit was plying with us for the first 40. they couldn't make a pass to save their life in the first 40 then all of a sudden all the passes are tape to tape and they are moving twice as fast as us:confused: we're lucky we made it to the shootout i think.

I don't think Detroit took the Edmonton oildrips Serious (like everyone else in the league) And started their Junior A Goalie. Even with a junior A Goalie and a 2 period headstart the oildrips almost choked again!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think enough people are taking Detroit seriously...they came back with 4 goals in the hole against Vancouver the game before I believe, they may not be the team they were last year, but they are still a highly talented team. Yeah their backup was playing but you can't play your #1 guy every night, especially when he isn't producing well.

Now about the Oil...man, how can I go to work in Calgary and know that freakin we are losing to the Isle...last Xmas all I wanted was to see MacT gone and so it was...I wanted Penner, Gilbert and Gange gone too....Penner turned his game around, nice,:rolleyes: Gilbert still turns over pucks and Gagne is not turning out to be the player they need him to be. Horc...well, we are stuck with the guy. Hemer is looking softer this year than last.

I am still an Oil fan but wow guys, regardless if we have guys out with Injuries and the flu, the rest are still Professiona players, they need to get with Quinn's program or its true, we'll be battling for 8th with 3 games to go.

Even with all of that I am happy we don't have 26.5 million tied up in 4 defensive players and a goalie.

Iginla will never raise a cup in Calgary.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hopefully the oil get souray, staios and grebeshkov back soon.... Souray is still one of the best offensive/defensemen in the league...... That will have a huge impact on the oil!!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary is so desperate to get a playoff run they had their players get special treatment from Alberta Health to get the new H1H1 flu shot ahead of the general public.....boooooooo on you Calgary. :nono:

Of anyone who should be healthy I would think professional sports players would be able to withstand the effects of it, versus those who really need it in life....:mad:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it true there family's also got the h1n1 shot before everyone else????

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard on the radio tonight that it was the players and there family's that received it at a private clinic...but hey I'm sure they deserve it before all us poor workin stiffs...lol.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
SHAME ON THE FLAMES:nono::nono:..... ITS ALL OVER THE NEWS TONITE.....FIGURE THEY NEEDED IT MOST BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS TRAVELLING AND DOWN INTO THE STATES, AND THEY WANTED THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TAKEN CARE OF AS WELL.............. ALBERTA HEALTH IS INVESTIGATING AND CHARGES MAY BE PENDING. NO OTHER CANADIAN SPORTS TEAM OPTED FOR THE VACCINE, AS THEY ALL SAID THAT THE HIGH RISK INDIVIDUALS SHOULD HAVE FIRST SHOT AT THE VACCINES..............SHAME ON THE FLAMES!!!!:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SHAME ON THE FLAMES:nono::nono:..... ITS ALL OVER THE NEWS TONITE.....FIGURE THEY NEEDED IT MOST BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS TRAVELLING AND DOWN INTO THE STATES, AND THEY WANTED THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TAKEN CARE OF AS WELL.............. ALBERTA HEALTH IS INVESTIGATING AND CHARGES MAY BE PENDING. NO OTHER CANADIAN SPORTS TEAM OPTED FOR THE VACCINE, AS THEY ALL SAID THAT THE HIGH RISK INDIVIDUALS SHOULD HAVE FIRST SHOT AT THE VACCINES..............SHAME ON THE FLAMES!!!!:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Too true...that was greasy.....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

CBC The National said something about maybe the Canucks are trying something similar.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but did we really expect anything different? Afterall they are THE FLAMES. looks good on them tho. go oilers.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Calgary Sun has many comments from Flames fans saying they did nothing wrong and agreeing with their decision because as one quote goes "they do so much for the City, go Flames go." Just reafirms why I don't dare wear my Oiler jersey in Calgary when I use our Company tickets there. I don't trust Flames fans to be decent or professional. I guess their hockey team is the same.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets hope the boys have there poop in a group tonight. Not happy about the two game ppv as i'm in southern saskatchewan and none of the bars will play the game.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
2183073.bin

Popcan

Reaction score
Greasy move and they announced today that someone from Alberta Health Services lost their job over it! Just one more reason the FLAMES SUCK!!

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flames fans are pretty quiet tonight:realmad:They usually have so much to say. Go Oilers GO:d

Top Bottom