Oilers off to a good start?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Oilers out-played the Flames... Just bad luck on our part, and GREAT luck for Calgary... Hopefully we can keep the same fire and determination in our bellies! And poor O'Sullivan can convert his opportunities to goals, he must have broken his stick after that game thinking it was cursed...

Overall, it was a good game to watch... I like to see our boys play gritty :)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I damn near broke my big screen after that "OPPS" Oh well everyone makes mistakes, hopefully that will not happen all year.. "GO OIL GO !!!"

me too lol i reached back grabbed the remote and started to swing and then though ......ya that'll really make me happier......50" of busted plasma on my floor. oh well at least being in last place it cant get any worse.:d

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Oilers out-played the Flames... Just bad luck on our part, and GREAT luck for Calgary... Hopefully we can keep the same fire and determination in our bellies! And poor O'Sullivan can convert his opportunities to goals, he must have broken his stick after that game thinking it was cursed...

Overall, it was a good game to watch... I like to see our boys play gritty :)

Definitely liked the new look oilers, they are playing hard, fast, gritty hockey. They outshot, outhit and outplayed the flames and next time hopefully outscore them damn flamers. Gotta love when hockey returns Cheers:beer:

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oilers goalie oopsy costs home team the game, sam gagner 1 goal and a fight, put him on the first line, i still hate the flamers...

i dont think gagner deserves the 1st line J.F jacques is exactly what that line needed....grit gagner is on the 4th and now he KNOS hes gotta work for every inch he isnt going to be handed a second or first line position like macT gave

rounder

Reaction score
after reading this thread its funny that all you oil fans still have a rivalry with us and we really dont much care about the oil. for us its all about the canucks. would be good if we could get a good rivalry with you guys again but first try fielding more than a farm team.(maybe next year):beer:haha

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
after reading this thread its funny that all you oil fans still have a rivalry with us and we really dont much care about the oil. for us its all about the canucks. would be good if we could get a good rivalry with you guys again but first try fielding more than a farm team.(maybe next year):beer:haha

Seems to me that the oil by all accounts outworked and out played Calgay Saturday night. On paper the flames show better right now and I'm not saying overall the oil are a better team. Just find it funny that after Kabby hands the flames a game they really didn't deserve to win based on grit/shots/momentum you come on here and tell us oil fans that our team can't compete.... seems to me they competed just fine and even though it was a loss it showed promise for the team as a whole....

JUST SAYIN.......:d:beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
woohoo we win. open the flood gates bring on the cup.:d:d:beer::beer:

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dallas game was incredibly sloppy in the third but ill take the win any day.
plus penners goal was a beauty

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the oil will be better this year,so watch out all you doubter's, cheers:beer:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow 4-3 again, with 1.5 seconds left... Oilers had a 2-0 lead, got comfortable, flamers came back.. Next games Oct 24 in Calgary.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
60 minutes...way too long for a oiler..we need a 58 miniute hour..quinn needs to be slappin some heads...i dont want to be a oiler fan anymore:realmad:

Top Bottom