Oilers off to a good start?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So the Oilers kicked the Calgary Flames tonite..... 4 - 1 in Calgary...... Preseason, but the oil looked good! Not so much the Flameouts! What'd y'all think of the game?

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
So the oilers kicked the calgary flames tonite..... 4 - 1 in calgary...... Preseason, but the oil looked good! Not so much the flameouts! What'd y'all think of the game?

much as I love the oil.....it's a good thing they took it commandingly because Calgay iced basically an AHL team, would have been pretty embarassing to loose...... Hopefully they surprize us this year...O'sullivan might help

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Oils have always been my team, I think I bleed copper and blue, but it's nothing new from every other year. They dominate and kick ass up until the Allstar Game and then usually tank after that, leaving there fate up to all the other teams.
I do admit though, it should be exciting to have someone accountable behind the bench who isn't an Ex Oiler. Go Oilers Go

snowprozr

Reaction score
Yup will be the only time this year......soon enough will will be fighting for the last playoff postion <<<<<< you read it here 1st......fire Quinn ;)
Must be another Flamer that moved here and is sore over the beating last nite!!! LOL Get over it.... it's only the first of 6 or 7 battle of Albertas this year.

• Staff

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You gotta believe:

Attachments

• believe.jpg
    believe.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 226

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first win of the year, looks like a good sign to me, GO OILERS GO!!!:beer:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I so hope they can pull themselves together this year, get some chemistry going, and put puck in net!!

The Battle Of Alberta game we went to last year in October was one of the best games I've ever been to! Hopefully we can sneak into the city for a Battle Of Alberta this year!!!!

Dang, I so can't wait till hockey season!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at the game last night and i think i was the only happy persone leaving the dome.

GO oil GO!!!!!!! next game in edmonton OCT 3ed cant wait for that one too. got Great seats too.

i hope they win then too

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GO OILERS GO!!! ISLANDERS VS OILERS, Sourey broke two peices of glasses last night, that guy can shoot the puck, and he scores.:d:beer:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Oil 3, islanders 2 ..........macintyre whooped one of the elite fighters in the league too..........first 2 periods were sucky, but last period picked up the pace quite a bit....

zduck14

Reaction score
Joe Rechlicz isn't an elite NHL fighter. Now if MacIntyre were to beat up Rypien, then I'd be impressed. I'm pretty sure "the ripper" is pound for pound, the best fighter in the league. He's only 5'10" 170 Lbs, and he made Andy Sutton's knees buckle on Monday night. Sutton is 6'7" 240 Lbs by the way.

While I'm talking about Rypien, you Oiler fans should watch his fight against Stortini last year again.

YouTube - Rick Rypien vs Zack Stortini Apr 4, 2009

LOL, sorry, I guess it's kind of rude of me to bring that up again isn't it.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Stortini's worth is not in his skill as a fighter it's in his willingness and heart...at one time he was laughable, but he's getting better skill wise and has as much heart/courage/disregard for self preservation as he ever has...I think he's one of the guys who deserves to be here more than most, his dues have been paid over and over....

Just my 2 cents

Joe Rechlicz isn't an elite NHL fighter. Now if MacIntyre were to beat up Rypien, then I'd be impressed. I'm pretty sure "the ripper" is pound for pound, the best fighter in the league. He's only 5'10" 170 Lbs, and he made Andy Sutton's knees buckle on Monday night. Sutton is 6'7" 240 Lbs by the way.

While I'm talking about Rypien, you Oiler fans should watch his fight against Stortini last year again.

YouTube - Rick Rypien vs Zack Stortini Apr 4, 2009

LOL, sorry, I guess it's kind of rude of me to bring that up again isn't it.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oilers goalie oopsy costs home team the game, sam gagner 1 goal and a fight, put him on the first line, i still hate the flamers...

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I damn near broke my big screen after that "OPPS" Oh well everyone makes mistakes, hopefully that will not happen all year.. "GO OIL GO !!!"

Top Bottom