Oil fans silent????

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not hard to foget about him.
has anyone else anywhere in sports history been paid by one team and sent to another team to play.
as in we are still payin him but hes playin for the other teams farm team. bwahahahahahaha souray you suck.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only because they included souray in there, and the bulin wall..... Otherwise, easily the youngest team in the league.......

Yes, it does include ALL the players on each team, once again that just proves the oildrips and their managements poor preformance and everyone supports them and is fine with it.
My age statistics was facts, please provide the facts that taking those two deadbeats (and all other teams deadbeats) out of the stats will justify the poor preformance from wana be players. I will admit that they have picked up some good players, but that does not justify the poor overall preformance and the position they are in once again. As a matter of fact, it only supports what I am saying. They have picked up the best drafts and still are being beat by teams that have less talent, younger players, and lower draft picks

Last edited:

Mehoe

Reaction score
You're all quick to jump on the youngest team in the nhl........ Give the kids a year or two, then we'll revisit your thoughts................... Mwahahahahaha

the team has all the talent any team can hope for, just need the experience, and that will come with time. It should still be an okay season, and won't be surprised if they doo make the playoffs..... If not, another good draft pick!!!! Lol
like all the sportscasters have said, the oilers are one of the "most exciting" teams to watch, they just "really" need to improve defensively. Hmmmmm, kinda sounds like the oilers of old when gretz, mess and the boys all first got together, doesn't it. Jus' sayin'

First the Toronto Maple Leafs is the youngest team in the league this year. I am a die hard Leafs fan, Phaneuf FTW!

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the oilers are the practice roster squad of the league ,for all other 29 team.:d

zduck14

Reaction score
has anyone else anywhere in sports history been paid by one team and sent to another team to play.
as in we are still payin him but hes playin for the other teams farm team. bwahahahahahaha souray you suck.

This actually happens all the time in the NHL. Vancouver sent Brad Lukowich to Dallas' farm team last year, Anaheim sent a player to Vancouvers farm team the Manitoba Moose. They do this because AHL teams can only have a certain number of veteran players on their teams. It's viewed primarily as a developmental league for the NHL and this is also a big reason that so many players like Alex Daigle and Ric Jackman go over the Europe to play hockey.

That said, I do think the Oilers are the only team to have sent a guy to another team simply because they didn't want him around their prospects. :d

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually there have been lots, especially in the NHL. Sean Avery just off the top of my head.

zduck14

Reaction score
Actually there have been lots, especially in the NHL. Sean Avery just off the top of my head.

Sean Avery's situation was a little different. He was put on waivers by Dallas in hopes that some other team would claim him. Neither the coach or any of the players in Dallas wanted him back after his "sloppy seconds" suspension.After clearing waivers, the Stars decided they were willing to pay half his salary and he was claimed on re-entry waivers by the Rangers.

zduck14

Reaction score
C'mon oilers......we need a good big experienced defenseman......... Go oil go

Yes, yes you do. Along with a real starting goalie, a few more "NHL" caliber defensmen, and almost a full new forward core.

:beer: Here's to the AHL's Edmonton Oilers.

P.S. I still think the Manitoba Moose and Hershey Bears would beat the Oilers in a 7 game playoff series.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The boys made the senator's look bad last nite.......attago oil!!! Looks like gerber is on an 8 game winning streak as a starter. 7 straight on the farm team, and last nites

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been an Oil fan for as long as they have been around, I always get a kick out of the Canuck fans talking about how we suck so bad. Vancouver has won how many cups? been to the final what, once? I believe the cup will be back here before it ever goes to Vancouver, sure glad I don't cheer for that loser organization!!!
Trench

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winnipeg oilers anybody? Or maybe the hamilton oilers?

Top Bottom