OHV Driver Licensing with poll!!!

would you support OHV driver licensing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the preferred ATV courses here in the Capital region??

I'll look when I get home if I still have the name of the company I took mine through, it was actually out in sherwood park not far from the Flying J's. If not I'll see if I can get the info from my old boss.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Licencing for atv's is a joke if the kids are not supervised which I find is the biggest problem.The adults should be tested for common sense and stupidity.The may Long weekend there were several kids and adults riding with no helmits and in cutoffs,what good is a licence if you dont have the brains to wear protective gear.Just like when most of us got our drivers licence we were two hands on the wheel and abided by every law,drove like little old ladies(well most little old ladies)and as soon as we got our licence and got away from the parents it was smoke shows and donuts.The same applies to kids on quads,all you have to do is supervise with common sense rules.As for the adults,there will always be invincables out there.Corses are a good thing and will minimize accidents but licencing is just a tax under a different name.
Ya I voted no!
catmando!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
We witnessed at medicine lake on the weekend and 20 something year old guy with a modded raptor ride down the road stop pick up his wife and >2 year daughter they put the little girl in the middle none wearing helmets and the wife in bare feet an inch off the ground in front of the rear tires. Now it sounds harmless giving them a little ride but to camp.......but he punches it to do a wheelie and to scare the wife and kid ....glad he got no traction and just spun I woulda hate to see if he got traction and stood it on it's tail and fell off sqaushing his daughter between them. And the brain dead part they were all laughing a giggling when he did this........some people:rant:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you think a licence would have made a difference,an Idiot is an Idiot!
catmando!
The old man slappin him in the head might!

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
Do you think a licence would have made a difference,an Idiot is an Idiot!
catmando!
The old man slappin him in the head might!

i think that it would have. amazingly enough, sometimes all it takes is a consequence to smarten people up or at least make them think. if there werent any fines/suspensions for speeding on the roads could you imagine what it would be like now when almost every car/truck can do 200+km/hr from the factory. it is the fines and eventual suspension of priveleges that keep people in check. and what is in place now for ohv's? basically you can do whatever you want with little to no fear of reprecussions. oh sorry you can get a small fine. and even this deters most people. look how many bitch about the county mountie and rcmp constable out at bruderhiem and area. how many posts have you seen about make sure you have your registration and insurance blah blah blah.... i got stopped today. as for the old man smacking them upside the head, that is illegal now.....

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we should have a poll to liscence stupidity. And I would like to be one of the officers to enforcer it.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they gotta do something..to many kids getting hurt or worse..my 2 cents..14 years or under only allowed on a 250 c.c. machine or smaller if caught on one bigger have it confiscated for 1 yard...bet ya wouldent let the kid ride it now would ya..i see kids on 800 's and i cant stand to watch..scares the $h!t out of me..would hate to see the kid crash or run into the side of my truck or trailer...ya-some type of licence is deffinetally needed.what is done on private land...no one cares...or do they?:twocents::realmad:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the fines could go toward sustainable resources(fish cops) or something benificial...not the rcmp or that type of government..they could use it to build bridges or buy crayons..what ever they do with it.. don't matter the point is to licence kids/adults.somehow... maybe just maybe something good could come out of this..keep our fingers crossed!:hmm::wtg::Happy6:

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I firmly believe that todays toys, whatever media they operate in, have the tendency to bring "the animal" out in the knuckle draggers in every sport. You can't teach maturity or legislate against stupidity. It is up to the participants of any activity to try to self police our own groups or some do gooder will be only to happy to do it for you.

It may be a generalization, but when I see signature tags on the forums like "Go deep or go home", "Balls to the Walls or no Balls at all", or "Drive it like you stole it" it gives me an idea of the attitude of the operator. Yes it may all be in fun but the Teststerone is apparent.

I've had ALL the highperformance toys and find the most aggressive, as a group, are the quadders and I think its time we toned down our rhetoric and took a close look at where we are headed before our choice is taken away from us.:(

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you all on this matter. I voted yes to the poll, and as for kids on tooo powerful of machines, I know of some friends that went out the long weekend to only bring back 4 broken machines due to kids ages 14, 11, and 16 wreck them, two scramblers a Can- am 800 and a Kodiak 800. Hitting each other apparently like bumper cars, ridding too close and have no control on the power, and rolling them. I feel if you want one or ride one then buy it with your allowance, then they will appreciate them more and all youths under the legal limit must take a course to get a certificate, [just like the babysitting course]. same idea before they are allowed to ride. At least they can't say they did not know.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you all on this matter. I voted yes to the poll, and as for kids on tooo powerful of machines, I know of some friends that went out the long weekend to only bring back 4 broken machines due to kids ages 14, 11, and 16 wreck them, two scramblers a Can- am 800 and a Kodiak 800. Hitting each other apparently like bumper cars, ridding too close and have no control on the power, and rolling them. I feel if you want one or ride one then buy it with your allowance, then they will appreciate them more and all youths under the legal limit must take a course to get a certificate, [just like the babysitting course]. same idea before they are allowed to ride. At least they can't say they did not know.

Duh? I'm sorry dragon, But where are the parents or owners of these quads, Sh-- . Someone has to be on crack? please remove head from sand, These owners should b charged with child endangerment, please give me their names , child welfare must be informed before these parents give these punks keys to their $80,000 vehicles. Ha Ha you are joking right?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PS dragon please say you don't know these clowns. I have faith

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand my friends husband was out there with these guys and his machine was the only one that did come back fine and un-harmed. Two of the guys was really poed and the other one shrugged his shoulders over it all, but I guess he is the one out of two quads, PS I don't go riding when there is kids out personally. My ride is way different than a kids friendly ride and if there is kids out than I would rather stay home and work than deal with the BS and no fun. My idea of a good ride is no stopping and till the gas runs out.[without runnig out], you know what I mean.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean? If you
know these peps please set them straight. Poor old daddy only has to fix a few pos quads, Probably a lot of
boo hoo'n if punks hurt. That pos gives us a bad name, I feel for the clown Big Croc tears. POS should be horse whipped

Not sorry at all

Top Bottom