Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Thanks Richard. Happy New Year.
Usually my favorite time of yr. to work, love seeing the families out together and most people are great to deal with and I love to see so many of my friends here.
Sounds like you heard what happened, that one had me scared.
Staff has been notified that we have the right to tell anyone who behaves inappropriate or threatens staff to leave, we have the right to refuse service. The RCMP will be called immediately.

Last edited:

wallary

Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering if anybody has made it into Area 51 yet and if so can you ride from the log dump? Or do you need to drive up the serive road a ways? Thanks!

Burjy

Reaction score
Yah I'm also curious about that question asked above .... ^ :boink:

Most guys were parking down the service road at about 4km mark, we had a 4 place and didn't want to mess around with chains to get back up that hill so we parked right off the highway pretty much. Snow conditions were awesome when we were there but after we finished it was mostly tracked out.

Hughman

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, its good to know that it's gotten better in terms of vehicle access, anyways heard the snow was falling in Kelowna today. I hope it keeps up and makes its way to Revy. It can keep snowing as far as I'm concerned! Fingers crossed and bring it on! Cheers! :headbanger:

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode there 29, 31 and first and rode by ourselves everyday, with no other tracks on west and north sides, of course pavement near Mt Symons, aka fuel drop, cant seem to upload right now. We were first on 29 with only a couple tracks from 28, slid around side towards paint lake and no followers

Attachments

• IMG_2228.jpg
    IMG_2228.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 677
  • Creek.jpg
    Creek.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 685
  • 2202-1.jpg
    2202-1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 686

wallary

Reaction score
Most guys were parking down the service road at about 4km mark, we had a 4 place and didn't want to mess around with chains to get back up that hill so we parked right off the highway pretty much. Snow conditions were awesome when we were there but after we finished it was mostly tracked out.

Thanks for the info!

Flyer

Reaction score
Sunday I flew over Boulder and Turtle. Wow! Was it ever tracked out! Hardly any snow that didn't have a track over it. I don't know the geography that well, and couldn't connect the dots any further than Turtle. Also flew over the logging operation that I assume is affecting the access to Blue Lake. Those roads sure looked sporty. Driving a log truck there has to get the adrenaline flowing sometimes! Travelled though to Chilliwack, but only made it back to Penticton before snowfall grounded us. I hope it accumulates lots over the Sicamous and Revy areas.

Reaction score
Logging trucks coming out from the south end of griffin parking lot. Would be real carefull if heading that direction. Griffin is beat

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6-8" of snow fell Monday night. If you know where to look we were in fresh all day yesterday no tracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Catberg

Reaction score
I love those willows. I came back from an early season ride and it looked like I spent the weekend with Madam Von whips a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Sunday I flew over Boulder and Turtle. Wow! Was it ever tracked out! Hardly any snow that didn't have a track over it. I don't know the geography that well, and couldn't connect the dots any further than Turtle. Also flew over the logging operation that I assume is affecting the access to Blue Lake. Those roads sure looked sporty. Driving a log truck there has to get the adrenaline flowing sometimes! Travelled though to Chilliwack, but only made it back to Penticton before snowfall grounded us. I hope it accumulates lots over the Sicamous and Revy areas.

Did you fly straight north from turtle to blue river. We ride about 30 miles north of turtle just past the power lines that cross the river at downie going west. It would be nice to see from hi above. I've only ever done low elevation flying in my buddies bell 206.

Never mind I read that wrong. Thought you said blue river. You were going a different way. Cheers

Last edited:

Flyer

Reaction score
All good! Yes, we were flying west. We went over the cabin on Boulder, continued to the high terrain, and west over Turtle toward Sicamous. I understand Blue Lake to be east of Sicamous on the south side of the highway. That's where we saw the logging operation. I'm assuming this is where the road is closed to snowmobilers as commented in the Sicamous thread. I don't know the geography all that well, so I may not have it all straight.

We we were in a little two seat piston powered helicopter that belongs to a friend. I usually fly a fast fixed wing, and miss a lot of the detail in the landscape. The helicopter does 70 Kt. My airplane does 170 Kt. The airplane needs to fly higher to be safe.

EmEight

Reaction score
Rode Boulder for the last three days. Snow conditions are not great. But there is some really nice snow if you look for it. Ended up in some place I have never been before and was good snow. Really need a good storm tho.

Top Bottom