Official 2015/2016 Fernie conditions

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but I ran into a white dodge pickup truck license plate kc 8361 with 3 hippies in it a km from the cabin on my way down. I stopped for a brief discussion with the idiots and I was told they've been doing it for years. Bet they wouldn't like our trucks or sleds on there ski hills! Grrrr end rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
It was so deep on wind blown spots today the snow would almost pull u off your sled when side hill or carve

Thanks for all the fernie hospitality if you ever want to come down get a hold of Bopper , throttle opps photography
He is a great guy and takes awesome pis while guiding you around

Last edited:

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but I ran into a white dodge pickup truck license plate kc 8361 with 3 hippies in it a km from the cabin on my way down. I stopped for a brief discussion with the idiots and I was told they've been doing it for years. Bet they wouldn't like our trucks or sleds on there ski hills! Grrrr end rant

we seen them too. Couldn't believe they made it that far up trail. Only spinning tires for last 3 kms. The trail this morning was great. Snow was wind blown so none in some places and bar deep in others. Great day!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have no business being up there. Hope someone got a licence and reported them.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A white truck was stuck at the old staging area late yesterday afternoon...not sure if it was a Dodge, but I think so...probably the same morons.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The Executive know about at least two different trucks. All they need to do is berm the entrance with a narrow sled opening. I'm guessing the Exec aren't riding Coal Creek and don't notice the ruts.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something in the air lately! Had some trades decide to smoke in a clients house cause outside was too far to go. Common sense is leaving some members of society at an alarming rate.
Hope they end up stuck somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well 2/6 of us
Made it to fernie for the weekend riding unfortunately the 4 that didn't make it (trailer blew wheel bearing at red deer) were the guides for the trip. So me and the brother inlaw will be looking for a group or guide for the area anyone interested in showing us around tomorrow and Sunday? Capable riders/sleds. Thanks

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
Hows the wind in Fernie this morning, was thinking of riding there today but crazy windy in Cranbrook right now

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that legal? Club maintains the trail and should be able to restrict access to this kind of thing I would think

Coal Creek is private land, so i'm not sure how that works.....but we don't actually have any legal recourse to keep trucks off groomed trails on Forest Service Roads out here. Our Management Agreements don't grant exclusive access. Like Fernie says though, a big honking snow berm is pretty effective.....especially if you plow it up there "after" they head up the trail. Always a problem with roads that are plowed half the winter, then turned over to us this time of year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.elkvalleysnowshepherds.com
Strong winds and warm temps in Fernie right now but good powder sledding at upper elevations. Have been finding reactive wind slab in all riding areas. Before choosing the type of terrain you will be sledding in be sure you check the Avalanche Canada Bulletin (South Rockies AND Lizard Range). Read some of the Avalanche Canada Mountain Information Network (MIN) field observation posting (eg Avalanche Canada) or check out the South Rockies field team posts (https://www.instagram.com/avcansouthrockies/) to help you paint a mental image of what is happening out there.

IMG_0024-2.jpg IMG_0050.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom