Now this sledders got too much money

Drink

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HERES THE STORY

First of all that pic was taken 2 weeks ago at the Jackson Hillclimbs.

Over 20 years ago Stan Checketts from Logan UT built a similar sled out of 2 centurion 500's. He built it to try and climb over the top of Snow King Mountain(Jackson Hole Hillclimb Mnt.) He was unsuccesfull in doing so.

Stan wanted to try again, so Cat donated 2 sleds to him and that is what he built. It has 2 throttles 2 brakes and 1 rider. It did have turbos on it at the west yellowstone expo but they took them off for the Jackson show. Chris, Checketts, (Stans son) rode it in Jackson up to the 1st catwalk. He wanted to try the whole hill but with the lack of snow they denied him.

Is this sled an everyday rider? HE!! NO. But it is an incredible build that took many hours.

m8cat

Reaction score
Theres only one thing better in this world than one Cat .....Its two...lol:p

snotwister

Reaction score
You should actually see it go.Its insane.Im not a cat guy, but that thing is a riot to watch.It also takes a lot of talent to drive.I saw it going around the snowcross track in yellowstone this year and its fun to watch something that big flying through the air.It is controlled more like a skid steer so it can turn on a dime.Actually its funny you guys talk about side hilling with it as the owner was running it in the mountains on its maiden voyage and he hit the wrong brake or the wrong throttle (whatever) and it fired him into the trees which he hit exactly in the middle of the sled, and completely demolished it.It was back to the shop for build number two and the guy that drives it now at events definatley knows how to run it.When i saw it run it was crazy fast and NO TURBO,s being used at that time.I cant imagine what it would be like with them.Also was lucky enough to run the NEW polaris 800 PRO mountain sleds that weekend.If the motor holds together i was pretty impressed being a skidoo owner and all.The new glued together chassis is pretty neat.

Warped Riderz

Reaction score
Ya we know the owner of that sled and I watched him ride it last year and it looked like a challenge to me but also if people didnt take a chance inventing things... sometimes crazy things like that sucker haha.

Top Bottom