Non Supporting Vendors Receiving Acknowledgments For Great Service

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question:

In this world of declining customer service is it ok to mention a company's name and pass on that good experience to other members on this website when we find a business that goes above and beyond basic service with its clients?

If a member has a positive experience and he or she wants to share that positive experience and mention that business in a thread.....is that an issue?

What if that business being acknowledged is not a supporting vendor?

I understand the issues that quickly escalate when a member comes on here with a bad experience and slams a business...it usually quickly grows into a hit show and could lead to a possible lawsuit from slander, etc. So I think we all understand when a negative thread naming a business gets deleted.

Should those posts containing positive accolades be deleted if the business is not a supporting vendor?

Many small business's don't have an advertising budget..........yet. Small business's start & grow mainly by word of mouth. The reason a business strives for excellence is to gain more customers and grow.

My feelings are that if someone within this community has a positive experience at a particular business, they should share it so others will shop there. Most likely, that business will find that if more and more snow & mud members are coming his way and sees growth in the business, that business will see the potential and invest in snow & mud as a supporting vendor.

I realize that if a guy comes on here and says "hey, I'm __so and so_____and I am selling ___widgets_____. That is different....force that guy to become a supporting vendor or delete those posts as soon as possible. But if you shop at a business, big or small, and get treated extremely well, I want to know about that business.

I also respect the many business who pony up and financially support this site but even those business's started somewhere....likely growth started by word of mouth from treating customers right. We all start somewhere.

Please keep this on topic. I am really interested in your opinions.....especially the decision makers...the mods:)

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that companies who receive acknowledgments are being pressured to become site sponsor's or the posts mentioning their name will be deleted. So, if you get stellar service from "company A" and mention that great service about "company A", that post will be deleted unless "company A" becomes a supporting vendor.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On "the other" site I frequent ,the rule is you can talk about a vendor but you cannot post links. You also cannot list prices from a non supporting vendor. It seems to work with a little judgement from the moderators.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On "the other" site I frequent ,the rule is you can talk about a vendor but you cannot post links. You also cannot list prices from a non supporting vendor. It seems to work with a little judgement from the moderators.

That seems very fair in my small mind.....

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that companies who receive acknowledgments are being pressured to become site sponsor's or the posts mentioning their name will be deleted. So, if you get stellar service from "company A" and mention that great service about "company A", that post will be deleted unless "company A" becomes a supporting vendor.
And if a negative comment is made to a supporting vendor, it may get deleted as well.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Basically same rules apply on this site. Often a thread or a vendor will be discussed in the green room to determine the fait .... Normal on most sites I frequent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a company provides a great product or great service, then they should be acknowledged, whether or not they are a supporting vendor. That being said, a non-supporting vendor shouldn't be on here peddling their wares. I can recall at least three plugs for companies on here that are not supporting vendors in the past year - one was shovels at Costco, but they didn't post it, either. When posting props for a great product, I'd suggest to the S&M member to put it under the "reviews" section of the forum... which is usually only filled with classified ads, not product reviews...
That said, I generally support those who support the sport I love. Personally not interested in buying anything from a dealer who doesn't ride, or "big box" stores. The small local dealers generally provide much better after sales service, and will work with you to keep you on the snow (or in the mud). Doesn't much matter to me if I have to drive to get there, or have parts shipped on the bus - it's still worth it IMHO. I consider it icing on the cake that they also sponsor the Betties, not something every dealer is willing to do.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
So how does it work when billy bob talks about his ford,gmc,dodge Toyota Nissan on here?
what about when jimbo talks about how great his doo poo cat yammy is?

do the manufacturing company's of all of them support S&M directly?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Like most websites, they(non supporting vendors) can be talked about.... No links, phone #'s, advertising etc....manufacturer's obviously different ball park(but dealerships, obviously restricted if a non-vendor). Some tricky situations, like i said, will get run through the green room for debate... ;) pretty straight forward :)

Top Bottom