news bashing our sport... red deer advocate

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's a bottom feeder plain and simple as are most media types. Waiting for tragedy to strike so they can sensationalize it and make a name for themselves. No better than an ambulance chasing lawyer, there ought to be laws that require this type of lowlife to check his facts and do honest research. Oh and by the way Hitlers henchmen were just doing their job thats a poor excuse for a lack of a moral compass. I sent a healthy check to the CAC, I wonder if and when we'll see the stats on donations this year? I estimate that just the people who mentioned donations on the forum in the last month add up to more than $5000, I'm sure there are many times that in non mentioned donations including clubs etc.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
only $2,000 is not a good point!!!!!! it is also untrue!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that here in Revy snowmobilers have alone donated close to $3,000 with memberships to CAC and fundraisers we have done this season. The CAC is here in Revy and we have worked closely with them for many yrs.

Would have been better if the CAC came to snowmobilers and asked for help before going to the media. The RSC is looking to make a substantial donation on behalf of all snowmobilers, in the names of the guys from the Boulder and Eagle incidents. Bigger is better, that`s what they tell me. ;)

The idea of the CAC drive through the club is that the donation will be recognized as a donation from recreational snowmobilers. Only the CAF will issue a receipt and we can choose where our funds be directed.

When they talk about the support from skiers it is from commercial operators not recreational skiers. How many heil and cat operations are there in B.C. guys?

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone else gave bob a piece of ur mind????

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they shut down the back country they better include the flyfishermen and the hunters. Don't want any body getting attacked by a grizzley bear now do we.

Billy Boy:cool:

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you comment on the article make sure you follow the comment rules as stated after you read the article geesh what a joke he bashes sledders but then you have to be polite and curtyious be able to comment

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i still can't understand what bob or the reddeer advocate has to do with any of what is said.... i could see some tree hugger from revy writing something like it in there paper but from red deer....... i also agree bob sucks my white butt hole.......

with crap like that printed i can now see y joe blow can't understand y i go snowmobling in the mountains....

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CAC is a great & useful/essential resource ! Why then do we support them financially and ignore the warnings they post? Ya can't buy off Mother Nature.

It amazes me that we go to the trouble of buying Avalanche equipment, taking the course, then ignore the warnings & obvious danger signs.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you comment on the article make sure you follow the comment rules as stated after you read the article geesh what a joke he bashes sledders but then you have to be polite and curtyious be able to comment

Without reading the "rules" i commented and have an ongoing "argument" with a non-sledder.

User name is quinnw.

Just hoping that without the extreme comments to flare temper that those reasonable read and listen to both sides before taking Bob's dumbass comments and the extremists thinking we can't step foot off pavement.

Zig Zag

Reaction score
The CAC is a great & useful/essential resource ! Why then do we support them financially and ignore the warnings they post? Ya can't buy off Mother Nature.

It amazes me that we go to the trouble of buying Avalanche equipment, taking the course, then ignore the warnings & obvious danger signs.

Negative all the time? I think as a whole sledders have become more responsible over the past couple of years. I see alot more Avy packs this year than I did last. Attendance was down for the B.I.S event cause people looked and decided not to go. There was a bunch of people rescued at Boulder that day cause sledders knew how to use their gear and acted quickly. Here's some reality folks that don't live in the mountians and go out a couple times a year can make mistakes. People error and judgment isn't always perfect. To expect that everyone puts their sleds away cause avy cond are high is rediculious. You gotta think that when you ride in the mountians and your knockin on heavans door there's a chance someone might open the door. Lighten up Love Laugh Live and support the CAC:beer::d

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Negative all the time? I think as a whole sledders have become more responsible over the past couple of years. I see alot more Avy packs this year than I did last. Attendance was down for the B.I.S event cause people looked and decided not to go. There was a bunch of people rescued at Boulder that day cause sledders knew how to use their gear and acted quickly. Here's some reality folks that don't live in the mountians and go out a couple times a year can make mistakes. People error and judgment isn't always perfect. To expect that everyone puts their sleds away cause avy cond are high is rediculious. You gotta think that when you ride in the mountians and your knockin on heavans door there's a chance someone might open the door. Lighten up Love Laugh Live and support the CAC:beer::d

ZIG ZAG, you just emphasized my point.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bob i think your awards came from a cracker jack box!!!!!

bahahahahaha

so true,,, some media folk are a joke, they are the bottom feeders,,, always making the story work for them.....

shakey

Reaction score
All I can say is,, any one who says let the wolfs and bears feast if you can,t afford to be rescued in the back country ,,better not step off the curb while i,m driving down that road lol ,, so sorry that the educated reporters dont have all the information but still get to write , and bash every thing that they can sell to the papers

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I bet tomoro morning there's gonna be all kinds of warnings about how unsafe the roads are....Do you think anyone will park their car for the day?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet tomoro morning there's gonna be all kinds of warnings about how unsafe the roads are....Do you think anyone will park their car for the day?

I bet they wont even leave early to avoid delays let alone park the car......

just say n

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i totaly agree drd and im so pissed at all this chit that im going to e mail a nasty note to bob and tell him to go piss off some other group.... mabe get a story about all the crack heads and thefts..... or mabe thefts of snowmobiles in alberta and b/c......

you know the expression fight fire with fire? well sending a nastygram is the wrong thing to do in my opinion. There are readers out there that will only agree more with him because you retaliated. Instead of pissing onto an inferno (which is what you will be doing) you should respond with an educational, informative, nonbashing article highlighting the the reasons why we go to the back country. Tell the story of how many people go to the back country and have a great time and "don't" encounter the avy's. Then to capture the the readers submit some eye catching scenery with sledders in the foreground, preferably a group enjoying a break around a small fire enjoying a wiener roast.

Now,what do you think that the readers that were on the fence about their opinions are going to think?

Chances are they will see why we enjoy the back country

you can't put out a forest fire by pissing on it but if you get enough people to help you, you can put out the same fire without burning any bridges.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know the expression fight fire with fire? well sending a nastygram is the wrong thing to do in my opinion. There are readers out there that will only agree more with him because you retaliated. Instead of pissing onto an inferno (which is what you will be doing) you should respond with an educational, informative, nonbashing article highlighting the the reasons why we go to the back country. Tell the story of how many people go to the back country and have a great time and "don't" encounter the avy's. Then to capture the the readers submit some eye catching scenery with sledders in the foreground, preferably a group enjoying a break around a small fire enjoying a wiener roast.

Now,what do you think that the readers that were on the fence about their opinions are going to think?

Chances are they will see why we enjoy the back country

ya i guess u do have a point......
u know ive had people ask about why we highmark? and i have told them that for the most part i don't.... i like to boondock in the trees and have a technical ride.....
to a certin point if u have to go up and can't make it over then hit her again....
and sometimes it takes 3 peeps to make a track over then it seems then everyone else does too.....
its the big mods and turbos that go straight up and over or close to over that all the media have vids of and makes all of us look bad.....
but ive never seen vids of a helmet cam boondocking on the media....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without reading the "rules" i commented and have an ongoing "argument" with a non-sledder.

User name is quinnw.

Just hoping that without the extreme comments to flare temper that those reasonable read and listen to both sides before taking Bob's dumbass comments and the extremists thinking we can't step foot off pavement.

hmm, maybe i'm not reading the right article but seems to me that quinnw is on the sledder side, what are you arguing about.

scammel thinks his crap don't stink' him and a few of his lawyer buds. i'm wondering who "the real outdoors people" are that he mentions in his article. he's another ill informed goon with an uninformed opinion that thinks he has an audience that listens, what an old has been dolt.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Guy's an idiot. Everyday there are millions of uncontrolled riskes being taken, from basic eating and drinking, to commuting and many more. Snowmobiling isn't a sport, it's a way of life. And if I'm to die, I want to die doing something I enjoy. I don't think he understands, we are not a bunch of meat heads running rampid on hills trying to kill ourselfs and others. Most if not all are trained in Avalanche safety and carry all the needed equipment in case needed. I think Sammell needs to become more educated on our sport and what really goes on. There's deaths in just about every sport out there. Auto racing, Boat racing, Horse racing, even the olympics. Everything has their risks and those who share passion prepare to deal with those risks.
As harsh as this sounds, Death is a very natual thing, highly unavoidable, and a way to control population. Banning snowmobilers or back country users would create more fat whiners that sit at home thinking of ways to make everyone miserable. But thats just my thoughts.

- RXN

Top Bottom