New helmet law to be announced Monday

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have any stats on the numbers of sledders killed in avs over the last few yrs? How many killed had avalanche training . With way more experience and training than you have?
What are you trying to say? That you don't think avy training should be mandatory?

Cool.

I disagree with you. I disagree with anyone that thinks Avalanche training shouldn't be mandatory when purchasing a mountain specific sled.

Agree to disagree.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have any stats on the numbers of sledders killed in avs over the last few yrs? How many killed had avalanche training . With way more experience and training than you have?

From the numbers over the last few years, it may be more dangerous to have avalanche training for sleds

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the numbers over the last few years, it may be more dangerous to have avalanche training for sleds
Ok, I'm not being a dick here. I get riled up when it comes to Avalanche training and people thinking it isn't necessary or what you just said.

The main reason people are being killed by avys on sleds..... Is because of the sleds and the gear. 10 years ago, sleds couldn't do what they can now. Heck even 5 years ago. A customer that is brand new to sledding can get a top many a mountain this day and age. Another reason? Affordability. Much tougher to buy a sled cash back in the day, now a 17000 dollar sled is just 250 a month. And banks like these customers. I'm in the biz. See it daily.

To say folk are dying more with avy training is..... I don't know how to say it without coming across a dick. So I'm not going to.

Any how, we totally went off topic here, apologies to the op.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can understand your passion, I promote training also, Have come to understand it is only a tool, Among many! The more you know and understand the better.

It is interesting why so many trained individuals have met the snow monster

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not likely! Take our hard earned tax money, for free, pay back nadda then send any jobs out of country, And you are all smiles trying to sell there product! All your puffin huffiin about quebec typical hypocrite

And that reminds me i recall seeing u going around putting up VOTE NOTLEY signs

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they should of taken it one step further !
Helmets are great , but what if you can't see oncoming OHV ?
With the advance in LED lighting , all machines should be required to ride with at least one GLSF.
Two would be better ....
Other riders would see you coming miles away ...
It would be great in the trees & mud .
Some might think they are so gay ... But safety first !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually is in some work places. 20 minutes to 1 hour. It is mandatory

I was at Task Force Tip a fire nozzle company in Indiana. After the owner suffered a mild heart attack he was told to exercise 30 minutes a day.

He build a gym. Now all staff exercise 30 minutes a day.

Also power rests help.

I make my guys do stretches every morning

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my god this is something we should be pushing for.. four corner pole mounts, with 6 foot Trudeau gay flags.....lets make it mandatory. Safety is safety.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my god this is something we should be pushing for.. four corner pole mounts, with 6 foot Trudeau gay flags.....lets make it mandatory. Safety is safety.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it! And we'll need to hire a special enforcement team to make sure everyone complies. Dont worry though....budgets balance themselves. And anyone dissenting will be charged with a hate crime.

Free bag of weed with a dual whip and flag purchase. Complements of JT

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not being a dick here. I get riled up when it comes to Avalanche training and people thinking it isn't necessary or what you just said.

The main reason people are being killed by avys on sleds..... Is because of the sleds and the gear. 10 years ago, sleds couldn't do what they can now. Heck even 5 years ago. A customer that is brand new to sledding can get a top many a mountain this day and age. Another reason? Affordability. Much tougher to buy a sled cash back in the day, now a 17000 dollar sled is just 250 a month. And banks like these customers. I'm in the biz. See it daily.

To say folk are dying more with avy training is..... I don't know how to say it without coming across a dick. So I'm not going to.

Any how, we totally went off topic here, apologies to the op.

Should probably start a new thread but whatever we are here now lol, I think avy training is great, but to make it mandatory to buy a sled? That's just stupid. It would dramatically affect sled sales,I know of a lot of 146-154 length "mountain "sleds that have never seen a mountain. You don't need a drivers license to buy a car, all you need is cash and how could you regulate the used market? Guys trying to sell their used sleds but can't because they can't find a buyer with training? The government telling us where we can spend my our hard earned money?where would it stop if that started?

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avalanche training for an ice fishing sled....sounds good to me. And put some of those 4 corner pole mounts on there too..... should be mandatory.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your forgetting one thing .... Sure it's an individual choice ...BUT .. When some one ends up brain injured or worse ..
We ALL pay for it , economically , socially, and emotionally !

Listen ,we get it ... No one wants more laws !! We get that ... But ,if as stated many times on here , everyone is old enough / smart enough / safe enough ..
We WOULD NOT need a law .. But the #s tell us other wise ...
Some people , obviously don't get it !
I personally don't care if you don't like more laws ... I don't like paying for some one else's poor judgement !

While on the topic , I am appalled at the
Disrespect shown to our first responders .. Bloody disgusting.
Helmet or no helmet , when you call they show up to HELP you , everyday all day !
They see things no one wants to see, so of course they are for anything that reduces injures ....
Please show more respect than this ...
Ride safe ....

oh puulease!!!! you need a tissue?

you go to the same DRAMA school as JT?

Last edited:

springer

Reaction score
another law follow me boys. can anyone direct me on proceedures on how to properly fit a helmet

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of different helmets, it is a matter of trial and error to get the right one. The best fit i have ever seen, one person was running around looking for their helmet ....they where wearing it. I will not give any information about it. The idiots who past this law can continue to wear the DOT approved ...neck breakers.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should probably start a new thread but whatever we are here now lol, I think avy training is great, but to make it mandatory to buy a sled? That's just stupid. It would dramatically affect sled sales,I know of a lot of 146-154 length "mountain "sleds that have never seen a mountain. You don't need a drivers license to buy a car, all you need is cash and how could you regulate the used market? Guys trying to sell their used sleds but can't because they can't find a buyer with training? The government telling us where we can spend my our hard earned money?where would it stop if that started?

I don't think people actually read posts and just can't can't wait to make their rebuttal based on a sentence or what they preceive it to say. These two posts indicate this.

As I stated, prior, if avy training was deemed mandatory, all mountain riders would benefit. The costs would be significantly lower due to it being mandatory (as opposed to 400 or so bucks). Just like that of a driver's license. Mandatory on new mountain sled purchases. Meaning just that. You don't have to go after used. Used would be grandfathered in. It would NOT kill sales, we are talking 100 bucks here. If you can't afford 100 bucks for an avy course, maybe you shouldn't be buying that brand new sled. Besides, where did I mention, until now, about who foots the bill? I honestly believe it should come at the hands of the manufactures. At the very minimum, an hour long "best practices" of avy training DVD. Something. Better than nothing.
I get it, you don't think too highly of avy training.

I'm quite the opposite. Currently in the middle (2 years going) on an avy project. Video based on what not to do in the backcountry. FREE to everyone. Should be done filming by spring.

I truly care about our sport and those who partake in it. At the end of the day, we aren't doing enough on avy training.
Avalanche training for an ice fishing sled....sounds good to me. And put some of those 4 corner pole mounts on there too..... should be mandatory.
Cause that was specified, where?

As stated prior, new mountain segment sleds, mandatory Avalanche training.

Nor did I mention anywhere, how much training or what kind of training, whether it's classroom, field, DVD, booklet, etc.

But feel free to make of what you will of this post.

Top Bottom