NEW CKX Helmet , what is your thought ?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is absolutely awesome, paired with oakley infernos is the best combo i have found, fogging goggles and constant helmet removal is a thing of the past

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do they weigh? I'd have a tough time going back to a heavy helmet.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an fxr blade before and its about the same as that, definitely not heavy, very comfy to wear
Just looked it up, 1350g +/- 60g so 100g heavier than my current and I would be looking to go lighter not heavier. I'm not a guy that takes my helmet off much even getting unstuck so I do really like the idea of the flip down chin. Maybe they'll do a carbon version.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weight doesnt bother me a whole lot in a helmet, i personally think the ultra light 509 helmets are way overated, i look more for sufficient goggle room, venting and fit, i find 509 helmets as well as fxr to be to narrow in goggle area and not a good fit for me, this ckx fits great and has a very good field of vision and tons of space for goggles, no fighting them in ever, flip open muzzle is also a nice option

Just looked it up, 1350g +/- 60g so 100g heavier than my current and I would be looking to go lighter not heavier. I'm not a guy that takes my helmet off much even getting unstuck so I do really like the idea of the flip down chin. Maybe they'll do a carbon version.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm the same, leave the lid on until i'm so gassed out from shoveling i gotta rip er off. i got FXR Boost Revo not very light but super bright if your into pink and hi-vis. keeps my melon warm, Constantly fogging up the 509's tho ...haven't broke down an got the fan switch yet. The CKX Titan flat black looks pretty deadly tho :cool:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a TX 707 for the boy for his quad. Pretty impressed with it. Seems well built, and very light. Has a built in go pro mount to.
Seemed like a decent price for a CF helmet.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I wear glasses but dont wear them sledding, however I think it would be a good setup because you can wear a bigger goggle thus giving you more room inside for glasses

how does this setup work with someone who has to wear glasses? anyone?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A very good range of view. 210 deg I believe. I tried one on right after I got my F4 and I think they are slick. My buddy that rides a snow bike baught one last year. Loves it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a place with stock and tried the titan on. Fit well on my large head, very comfy. Definitely felt a bit heavier than I'm used to though. The ones I saw came with goggles and the seal was unlike anything else I've seen, the fit was very impressive and would be nice and warm on a cold trail. To me though the fit was so good I felt claustrophobic and it was a bit tough to breathe. It would definitely be an issue when I'm riding hard and getting gassed.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like they've been selling too well, Royal Dist had them on for $40-$50 less than anywhere else when I checked last year. Good on Royal for not giving in to a manufacturer on pricing.

image.jpg

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried one on briefly, but didn't really give it a second thought due to the weight. Going from 950g to 1350g would be a tough adjustment. Really like the idea though and may have to reconsider when I'm serious about purchasing.

I see that fortnine has them listed at $369.00 - what is everyone else paying for these?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like they've been selling too well, Royal Dist had them on for $40-$50 less than anywhere else when I checked last year. Good on Royal for not giving in to a manufacturer on pricing.

View attachment 207206

HOLY PFFFFFT to that! Good on Kimpex for sticking to their guns on their MAP pricing and what a Crock it is for Royal to try to undercut dealers carrying the products. How the HELL do smaller shops like ours keep our doors open when Royal tries to sink us. I for one and thankful for an even playing field, so it can keep everything fair for all of us. Now Royal will have zero Kimpex products for trying to destroy businesses who work hard for their money providing service and products to customers.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY PFFFFFT to that! Good on Kimpex for sticking to their guns on their MAP pricing and what a Crock it is for Royal to try to undercut dealers carrying the products. How the HELL do smaller shops like ours keep our doors open when Royal tries to sink us. I for one and thankful for an even playing field, so it can keep everything fair for all of us. Now Royal will have zero Kimpex products for trying to destroy businesses who work hard for their money providing service and products to customers.

ever been to WalMart?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I wore one last year. The helmet is okay and the goggles are junk. The goggles didn't make it through the winter (60 days of riding) and they just fell apart. They work well with glasses but the glasses frame needs to be narrow to fit into the goggles.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's called free enterprise.

Top Bottom