new 2010 xp not hitting full rpms

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 2010 summit 800 154 got it new and they said after break in period it will hit full rpms...they said 4 hours ride time and i have 8 or more on it now and is still only hitting7500rpm or around that area..full rom is 8200..my wieghts are at the 1 notch and dealer said thats what it should be at for here...
so my question is why wont it hit the full rpms please help

also what is everyone running thier wieghts at in the mountains what number and does it hurt to leave it at that for prarie riding.. lloydminster area...
and also it has been sucking back the fuel like crazy...i have been running 91 octance in it from new

please help thanks everyone

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flatlanding a stock summit and it should be bouncing off the rev limiter all day. (over 8200)

The clicker number is not weight, it changes the ramp angle, thus changing the rpm profile.

If your sled is completely stock you likely have the 16 gram solid pins.

If you are mostly going to ride flat land you might consider changing the clutching. Its not going to hurt riding it the way it is, but you are not gaining anything by going over 8000 on the trails.

Increase your clicker number and the rpm's will increase (about 150-200 rpm per clicker increase) you are at 7500, try going to #3 if you want 8000 and so on.

The less you hold the thumb flipper WOT the better it is on fuel!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto for your dealer, You should also keep an eye on your belt height on your secondary make sure it is sitting at the proper height or you will lose rpms my 2010 was horrible for maintaining belt height till I replaced the plastic adjuster with an aluminum one. If your belt height is good than use your clickers to get your 8200 rpm weather in mountains or home.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto for your dealer, You should also keep an eye on your belt height on your secondary make sure it is sitting at the proper height or you will lose rpms my 2010 was horrible for maintaining belt height till I replaced the plastic adjuster with an aluminum one. If your belt height is good than use your clickers to get your 8200 rpm weather in mountains or home.

what is the proper belt hight supposed to be at? is it supossed to be flush with the top?

drop the hammer

Reaction score
what is the proper belt hight supposed to be at? is it supossed to be flush with the top?

You want top of belt to be above the clutch shives, so that the valleys of the grooves in the belt are level to the clutch. But all belts are different lengths so Be carefull, when you get the belt this tight you could have a runaway, test it with a hand on the brake when you start it.

Track when elevated should just want to turn be itself when at idle, give it a little push with your hand and it'll move, but not squeeking sound from the belt and not spinning track quickly at idle.

As said above adjust your clickers, ensure all 3 are the same setting, 3 should work around your home, 5 for alpine and you'll be close to the magic number give or take. Put in a clutch kit if you want to reveal the sleds true potential, lots of good kits out there.

Top Bottom