neibor pics

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was laying on the ground in a sleeping bag under a tarp and had a large Grizzly bear walk right up to me.I watched its paws step about 2 feet from my head,I was some freaked out,I dont think I breathed for 5 minutes,didnt wanna risk moving or having him here me,besides my ghost excpeirence it was the freakyest thing in my life,I kept tellin myself it couldnt be as I heard it grunting as it kept getting closer,I still get shiver just talkin about it,I thought I might end up being a sandwich but must not have been hungrey,just sniffed around abit then walked off,I layed there for what felt like forever before I got up and got out of there.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was laying on the ground in a sleeping bag under a tarp and had a large Grizzly bear walk right up to me.I watched its paws step about 2 feet from my head,I was some freaked out,I dont think I breathed for 5 minutes,didnt wanna risk moving or having him here me,besides my ghost excpeirence it was the freakyest thing in my life,I kept tellin myself it couldnt be as I heard it grunting as it kept getting closer,I still get shiver just talkin about it,I thought I might end up being a sandwich but must not have been hungrey,just sniffed around abit then walked off,I layed there for what felt like forever before I got up and got out of there.

Don't for a second think that he did not know that you were there...
It's just good for you that he was not hungry. I bet he smelt you from about 100 yards away...
because you were under the tarp and lying on the ground he did not feel that you were a treat and it was a good thing that you got the heck outta there because when he did get hungry he was for sure coming back !!
two of your nine lives have been used up :cool:

Zipp

Reaction score
What was the closest you have ever come to an animal which was not a pet-type of animal?

Literally nose to nose with a skunk while camping. Only time I ever shat my sleeping bag. Stuck my head outside the tent, half drunk, blurry eyed on a very dark night to try to see what was making noise outside. The skunk jumped about a meter back too, spraying stink everywhere.

Good times...

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the closest you have ever come to an animal which was not a pet-type of animal?[/QUOTE]

We had a cow moose charge our chocolate lab, she was barking at the moose. We were on a walk. When the moose charged, the dog ran down the hill right past us and kept going. That left me and my wife standing there looking into the eyes of a very pizzed off moose. She stopped about 20 yards from us turned around and walked away. Her hair was standing on end and let out a growl like I never heard before. And the moose was mad too! jk wanderlust! :d It was pretty spooky afterwards, we both were a bit shaken.

Wanderlust

Reaction score
What was the closest you have ever come to an animal which was not a pet-type of animal?

We had a cow moose charge our chocolate lab, she was barking at the moose. We were on a walk. When the moose charged, the dog ran down the hill right past us and kept going. That left me and my wife standing there looking into the eyes of a very pizzed off moose. She stopped about 20 yards from us turned around and walked away. Her hair was standing on end and let out a growl like I never heard before. And the moose was mad too! jk wanderlust! :d It was pretty spooky afterwards, we both were a bit shaken.[/QUOTE]

Dean-was more like 10 feet away from us when it stopped! I don't know if that 6" round tree you were behind would have helped not getting stomped!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were following a horned owl..he was about 6' off the trail refusing to pull up so we thought cool lets catch up...until he landed 20' in front of us..i was in front..ol owl turned his head,gave me that im gonna kill you look and came straight at us..had to duck or he would have got me..there was about 13 in our group and he flew over everyones head clearing us by 2' max...:eek:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't top the Grizz story....yikes!

Had a Ferret stop us from making it to a fishing hole. Sat on the trail and snarled at us, not passing allowed. Uncle tried to poke at it with hsi fishing rod. That didn't go over too well.

Told this story here before: Female Big Horn with a youngun. We were coming down the moutain trail, she was going up. She got the upper hand on 2 six foot plus guys.

Another mountain trail, coming down, walked right past a Moose, about 10' away just inside the bush. Didn't even notice, nor did my dogs, till the person behind us jumped and pointed it out.

I'm sure there is more.......

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's acouple that i have come across. The deer was at the Nexen camp near Anzac, ab and the moose was near Alsask, sk

Attachments

• Deer 5.jpg
    Deer 5.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Deer 7.jpg
    Deer 7.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Deer 8.jpg
    Deer 8.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Moose 1.jpg
    Moose 1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Moose 2.jpg
    Moose 2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Moose 3.jpg
    Moose 3.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 21

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another day we were going down a narrow trail..18 in this group and we caught up to mr porkypine..he had nowhere to go so he turned around and started waddeling towards us..quite funny when you have everyone yelling backup back up..and the peeps in the rear going what what..mr porkypine just wanted an escape route..still it was hillaryass:eek:

Top Bottom