need to find a good winter job

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good paying jobs in saskatchewan or alberta that would hire someone from November until the end of march? I need to upgrade a bunch of machinery on my farm and want to buy a house so I need money bad

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Im hoping I can get something thats 2 weeks on 1 off or something like that so I can still snowmobile and help my dad with the feedlot

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
Holy cow.....roughnecks are starting at 30.70 now. I remember when I started on the rigs it was 16 and hour and that was insane money!

Ya its amazing what people are making we start at 28 a hour plus living allowance and truck,guys who no nothing making 500 a day clear and the first thing out of thire mouth is when do I get a raise,

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its amazing what people are making we start at 28 a hour plus living allowance and truck,guys who no nothing making 500 a day clear and the first thing out of thire mouth is when do I get a raise,
Or: "what kind of starting wages should I expect?"

How about EARN? Not EXPECT.

I expect you will not get hired. I hear the fast food industry has pretty flexible hours. You can expect 10.50 an hour.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I expect you will not get hired. I hear the fast food industry has pretty flexible hours. You can expect 10.50 an hour.

I like Tim Hortons.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Money is the only reason anyone would work in the patch I already work 100 hours a week for most of the year to make $40000 why the hell would I look at taking on extra work if it wasn't for money

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Money is the only reason anyone would work in the patch I already work 100 hours a week for most of the year to make $40000 why the hell would I look at taking on extra work if it wasn't for money
Then 10.50 an hour will be a 2.50 an hour raise for ya.

Supersize, with coke please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom