Need Help with 12 RMK assault ski lft/transfer

SaskRMK

Reaction score
I still hav my suspension pretty much same as it came. I want more ski lift and better transfer. I mostly ride deep snow and a little on trails. Im probably 170-180 with gear. Need help please!

Toro

Reaction score
I would say Lengthen your limiter strap but consult your operators manual first, Polaris is pretty good about explaining suspension setup

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
limiter strap is non adjustable. turn up your front shock tension the assaults came with very little usually.
what track do you have?

sledhead80

Reaction score
Like kvos said tighten your front shock in the rear suspension and loosen the back a bit. You also may want to loosen the front shocks a bit so that they dont press down quite as hard in the snow. This will make the front of your suspension dig more giving you more ski lift but making your sled climb less. Loosening the front shocks will make it pull over easyer and a bit more nimble.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im 150 pounds and I have my front shocks set about 3-4 clicks back from the stiffest setting, and my rear shock took 12 clicks to get from the softest setting to the stiffest, and I have it set in the middle (roughly 5-6 clicks from soft) and it likes to wheelie! I also have a heavier clutch spring and swapped out the comp track for the 5.1 and it made a big difference.

SaskRMK

Reaction score
I loosened the rear to manual specs for my weight and I tightened the front rear a bit and it.helped a little bit. Wish the limiter straps were adjustable. But thanks for the input guys! I'll have to keep tinkering. I don't do too much climbing mostly ditch banging in the prairies: )

Top Bottom