NDP Minority Govt in Alberta

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty sure they would have to involve all stakeholders. That's where your clubs and associations will be able to have the most impact.

is that what its going to take to get people involved in the clubs and associations?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You obviously haven't checked the party platform on the ndp website....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have and it does not say anywhere of closing trails.
It does say protect areas. By the state of many lakes and rivers in alberta it is needed.

Way to many off roaders chewing up rivers and lake shores. Too many cabins spewing sewage into lakes, oil companies sucking rivers dry....
control of wild areas is needed, we cannot trust ourselves to use the areas with respect so it falls to the government to do it for us.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was all caught up on the NDP bandwagon until about a week ago when I started doing more research into them and thank goodness I did. Scary stuff from them and lots of job losses coming if they get voted in. How can you expect to raise corporate taxes 20%, raise minimum wage 40% and expect to businesses to stay in Alberta? Just like you said their reps are a joke.... At the end of the day all the parties suck, we're all screwed and the sky is falling... :confused:
It has been done have a read
Error Page

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to laugh so hard when the NDP get elected in Alberta.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
How do you know this? Sounds like conservative fear mongering..... have there ever been any ndp say they will close trails? Its really to bad politics can't stick to the facts.

You obviously dont care as your in invermere but if you read the NDP platform its right in there that they will protect the castle wildeness area. Protect is a political way of saying shut down. I personally love the castle area and spend a large amount of time down there. It would suck to see it shutdown.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have and it does not say anywhere of closing trails.
It does say protect areas. By the state of many lakes and rivers in alberta it is needed.

Way to many off roaders chewing up rivers and lake shores. Too many cabins spewing sewage into lakes, oil companies sucking rivers dry....
control of wild areas is needed, we cannot trust ourselves to use the areas with respect so it falls to the government to do it for us.

I have seen more distruction and disrespect for the land and rivers in BC. It seems like you guys take the backcountry for granted and dont really give a sh!t about it. Most Albertans dont live in the hills and travel there on days off for some R&R and are very respectable while out there. Wait till they figure out how to take away your Invermere back country and see how loud you squeal then. I will be the first in line to help though as I have been battling goverment in the North Shuswaps for the last 7 years regarding closures and it sucks no matter where it happens.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to a very useful comparison chart for each party's stand on the main issues

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy crap.....people are just getting dumber.....I hope for your sake that the NDP doesn't get a majority

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is scarey as hell! I really hope the people of Alberta realize what they are getting into.... yikes

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow, already hearing unrest in the business community on Twitter.... Mostly complaining about having to deal with amateurs and the likes...... Gonna be a tough next few weeks for notley to reassure the business community

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is scarey as hell! I really hope the people of Alberta realize what they are getting into.... yikes

higher taxes, unemployment, bankruptcies

Top Bottom