image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 225

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how much they raise corporate tax. Any business will charge more to their end users to make up the difference. If you run a bubble company and Your gross margins are small you have to charge more to sustain yourself when your costs go up.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how much they raise corporate tax. Any business will charge more to their end users to make up the difference. If you run a bubble company and Your gross margins are small you have to charge more to sustain yourself when your costs go up.
Your theory is naive. How about corporations who sell their products primarily outside our borders, such as ...................... say, oil companies? They cant just "raise" prices therefor they have to cut costs to maintain their profit margins. That usually means employee's and sub contractors take the hit. A reverse backlash. Contractors and employees hit by higher tax's and being pushed for cutbacks. A very bad combination.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you guys who voted this party in in the north, now we all have to deal with this crap... What in gods life were you thinking... Yes pc was bad, but nothing to dictate what we will go threw now.. To many patch laid off and guys that have unions voted... My corporate tax just jumped three percent, personal tax four percent, health care higher than ever, paying higher miniumum wage... 15 a hr.. Higher sales tax..ect ect What a joke for all bussiness to pay that

i just could not beleve they off all powers would get in, look what they had done to sask.. And now we are down that same Rd

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you guys who voted this party in in the north, now we all have to deal with this crap... What in gods life were you thinking... Yes pc was bad, but nothing to dictate what we will go threw now.. To many patch laid off and guys that have unions voted... My corporate tax just jumped three percent, personal tax four percent, health care higher than ever, paying higher miniumum wage... 15 a hr.. Higher sales tax..ect ect What a joke for all bussiness to pay that

i just could not beleve they off all powers would get in, look what they had done to sask.. And now we are down that same Rd
Maybe you should direct your concern to Jim Prentice

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Guess there are a few who just can't understand this concept,

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your theory is naive. How about corporations who sell their products primarily outside our borders, such as ...................... say, oil companies? They cant just "raise" prices therefor they have to cut costs to maintain their profit margins. That usually means employee's and sub contractors take the hit. A reverse backlash. Contractors and employees hit by higher tax's and being pushed for cutbacks. A very bad combination.

I agree in part with what you're getting at , but the reality is that when costs go up ,and in this case I don't believe it's gonna be substantial, that if a corporation can maintain a profit margin by cutting costs but maintain productivity enough to maintain margins, then I suggest that maybe there was in fact some managerial issues that needed attention. A healthy oil patch is important to me , but I have never been convinced that Albertans were getting a fair deal from the oil and gas corporations. Yeah lots of high paying jobs, massive #'s of sales of boats, sleds, bikes, trucks, lift kits, rv's, a tv' sand etc, and that's great but that's individual short term income, and we've all seen how that floats up,and down boom or bust kinda thing. But to imagine that say Alberta asks for an increase of 1 or even 2 % royaltys, after as long as it's been static, that that would cause all oil and gas activity to cease here, c'mon, you've been listening to the PC's way to long. You bet we're gonna hear the threats and posturing and it might np mean a change in the corporation names, but oil and gas , are gonna come out. This chick is no dummy, and she's a lifer in politics, she WILL want to get voted in again. I worry more how she's gonna handle the friggen unions and some of their goofy asinine demands. The arrogance of the PC 's that was so evident during the campaign race was so ingrained in that whole government in their dealings with all,issues, it neede fresh eyes. if I was CEO of any oil and gas corp dealing with the Alberta government for the last 40 years , I would fight , cheat , pay, donate , and threaten abandoning Alberta also if someone even mentioned increase in any way or form, cause that's what they've come to expect , who the hell wouldn't. And really , we were in a slow down period anyway, probably a good time to sit around that table and rethink all participants positions. Here's hoping .

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think what pissed most Albertans off was the fact that the PC's were willing to put the blame on the citizen's only and tax the citizen's only.....and not share the load with the corporations.... I think most Albertan's wanted to hear that "we dug ourselves into a hole and TOGETHER we will all do our share to get us out of it" but instead he said "look in a mirror and you will see who is to blame"

But, with that being said, I also believe most Albertans did NOT vote in support of the NDP. they voted to remove the PC's. The NDP will need to earn our respect or they will be removed in the next election....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadas largest fear monger afraid of losing some of his corporate profits.
Say what you want about the man but he is a smart investor and him like others are now saying Alberta is not a place he wants to do business anymore because of the new government. You apparently don't understand how we work over here considering your home address and your previous anti Alberta posts.

Top Bottom