My truck stolen from Petro Can west of Calgary

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
almost any security device is easily overcome by the pros. club can be frozen and hit with a hammer, same as locks etc, and a battery operated grinder. i thought i had a secure padlock, hit it with a hammer, it popped open. couldn't believe it. This I am not happy about hearing, surely it slows them down? I was sleeping at night thinking my club was doing something. I have"the club" club does quality make a difference? Other suggestions?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
almost any security device is easily overcome by the pros. club can be frozen and hit with a hammer, same as locks etc, and a battery operated grinder. i thought i had a secure padlock, hit it with a hammer, it popped open. couldn't believe it. This I am not happy about hearing, surely it slows them down? I was sleeping at night thinking my club was doing something. I have"the club" club does quality make a difference? Other suggestions?

Like dooin said theives will get around anything... the key is to not be the low hanging fruit in the bunch. A club or alarm can make the difference.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would use it if you have it, the longer it takes for the thief and the more involved, the more likely he'll go to the next truck in the line. Death may be the only deterrent? Just for shitz n giggles i cut one of the high security locks, it cut like butter.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would use it if you have it, the longer it takes for the thief and the more involved, the more likely he'll go to the next truck in the line. Death may be the only deterrent? Just for shitz n giggles i cut one of the high security locks, it cut like butter.
Any one see ya?:policecar2:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, was dark out and had a hoodie on. had my eyes opened with how easy they are to cut with bolt cutters, and to knock open with a carpenter hammer. especially if you don't care about what damage your doing. video on net with guy opening lock with beer can. life is not for the honest guy to win>

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You tube can be bad. Our work ford rangers you unscrew the antenna and stick it in the door handle and poof your in !! It's on you tube was a big help when someone locked their keys in it
I will keep using my club as apparently the f-150 is the most stolen vehicle in alberta

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All those keys hanging from ashtray are for Caterpillar equipment, he's probably got other stolen items. Justice is to cut his hands off.

Yeah, clearly this guy is an equipment operator - slip tank, Cat keys etc. take the prescription bottle and charge the girlfriend with accessory, maybe she will roll on him (assuming he didn't just steal someone's prescrip because he's a pill junky...).

Find out where he works, make sure his company knows he was using a stolen truck to do work, insurance wasn't in his name, etc. If you can't get a name, make sure the cops do this. Company or clients should fire him for falsifying paperwork/fraudulent documentation if he was claiming service truck or mileage charges while using your truck (you might even be able to collect that revenue back that was paid to him). Nice that he is such a hard working individual that he takes things from others that he hasn't earned. Sounds like you had a couple sleepless nights and some mental anguish - Threat of civil suit in small claims court for personal stress/grief comes to mind?

Best you can hope for is that he winds up living under a bridge somewhere and dies of an OD.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hook up 240 V to the door handle next time they will be in for a shock when they touch that!!!!

I knew a guy years ago that had a car audio business and he wired capacitors to his door handles and had them activated when he armed the alarm system. Pretty cool trick.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, clearly this guy is an equipment operator - slip tank, Cat keys etc. take the prescription bottle and charge the girlfriend with accessory, maybe she will roll on him (assuming he didn't just steal someone's prescrip because he's a pill junky...).

Find out where he works, make sure his company knows he was using a stolen truck to do work, insurance wasn't in his name, etc. If you can't get a name, make sure the cops do this. Company or clients should fire him for falsifying paperwork/fraudulent documentation if he was claiming service truck or mileage charges while using your truck (you might even be able to collect that revenue back that was paid to him). Nice that he is such a hard working individual that he takes things from others that he hasn't earned. Sounds like you had a couple sleepless nights and some mental anguish - Threat of civil suit in small claims court for personal stress/grief comes to mind?

Best you can hope for is that he winds up living under a bridge somewhere and dies of an OD.

I was thinking maybe he posed as an equipment operator & went around stealing fuel and keys.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe he posed as an equipment operator & went around stealing fuel and keys.

LOL his truck looks like most equipment operators in the industry, full of sh!t in the back, junk all over the cab, dirty as fawk (don't flame me, there are clean operators also, but not many). He could have been stealing fuel, but he wouldn't need the ignition keys for that on a lot of sites. Besides, most guys don't leave the keys on the machine, as most operators have their own set. The oil etc on the floor in the cab, buckets, hose, filter wrench, chainsaw, toolbox, safety vest, upsidedown boots wedged between the tank and toolbox, etc, all too much for someone just "stealing" fuel IMO.

Theives aren't that smart or energetic to "stage" a vehicle like that. If he was stealing all that stuff from sites, why would he steal dirty buckets? Likely it was seen all over because he was working on different sites. I'd put money on it that he needed a truck for work, instead of buying one and paying it off, he stole yours to earn his paycheck. Tell the cops to ask his co-workers.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You tube can be bad. Our work ford rangers you unscrew the antenna and stick it in the door handle and poof your in !! It's on you tube was a big help when someone locked their keys in it
I will keep using my club as apparently the f-150 is the most stolen vehicle in alberta

It's also the most sold vehicle in alberta.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
princess auto has keyed battery master cut off switches on sale for $4.99!!!!!!!!! BOOM.

Cant stop theft, but and move it on to someone else. If some one wants something they will take it, but if its harder to take your thing than some one else's then they will go the easy route.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL his truck looks like most equipment operators in the industry, full of sh!t in the back, junk all over the cab, dirty as fawk (don't flame me, there are clean operators also, but not many). He could have been stealing fuel, but he wouldn't need the ignition keys for that on a lot of sites. Besides, most guys don't leave the keys on the machine, as most operators have their own set. The oil etc on the floor in the cab, buckets, hose, filter wrench, chainsaw, toolbox, safety vest, upsidedown boots wedged between the tank and toolbox, etc, all too much for someone just "stealing" fuel IMO.

Theives aren't that smart or energetic to "stage" a vehicle like that. If he was stealing all that stuff from sites, why would he steal dirty buckets? Likely it was seen all over because he was working on different sites. I'd put money on it that he needed a truck for work, instead of buying one and paying it off, he stole yours to earn his paycheck. Tell the cops to ask his co-workers.

you forgot to mention the empty monster cans. classic douch

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you forgot to mention the empty monster cans. classic douch

I forgot to mention there was one of those glass breaking tools in the cab too. He may have been working but I'm sure he is mostly just a parasite.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early in this thread some figured to look in Morley for the truck. Maybe grab this peice of crap him and drop him off downtown Morley so he can get caught trying to find a new truck

Top Bottom