$10000 worth of guns stolen from calgary cabela's

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
$10K in guns stolen from northeast Calgary Cabela’s sporting goods store

GUN_THEFT_848x480_670093379596.jpg
WATCH ABOVE: Calgary police have released this surveillance footage of a suspect stealing 12 firearms from a Calgary outdoor sporting goods store.

Police were called to Cabela’s on 64 Ave. N.E. at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a break-in. Officers arrived on scene to find the front doors smashed and several guns stolen.
The perpetrator made a beeline for the four glass display cases that housed the firearms. He made away with nine handguns and three restricted rifles with a total value of more than $10,000. He was in and out in under four minutes, police said.
“It’s just scary to hear about that…now that those guns are on the street,” said Ianessa Monaghan, who was shopping at a nearby store and lives in the area.
A store manager was in a back room of the store during the break in, which happened sometime around 4:40 a.m. The manager didn’t hear the breaking glass, so the incident was not noticed until nearly two hours later.
“I’m concerned–these are quality firearms and I know in two or three weeks, or two or three months, that we’ll be finding these at the scene of violent offences,” Staff Sgt. Quinn Jacques said. “That’s what’s disappointing.”

The Calgary Cabela’s where the gun theft took place early April 20, 2016.

Police are now working in collaboration with the Canadian Firearms Centre and the chief firearms officer to determine whether the firearms were stored in accordance with the regulations of the Firearms Act.
It’s something others are also questioning.
“It’s quite dangerous–the security level is pretty low, and I think they should step up the security level, especially around the stores like that,” said Kamran Mohamad, who works for another retailer in the same area as as Cabela’s.
A manager at the sporting goods store said no one locally with the company would provide any comment.
Corporate officials at Cabela’s Nebraska head office did not respond to a similar request by Global News.
Surveillance footage shows the subject wearing a black balaclava, blue jeans, black running shoes and a grey hoodie with long blue sleeves and a logo reading GSRD. He carried a red and white Tommy Hilfiger duffle bag.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
With files from Global’s Mia Sosiak
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks.... I have been eyeing up a Barrett .338 Lapua full on sniper rifle with bipod and the biggest azz scope I have ever seen. It looks like that was one of the guns taken by the video I watched on Global. Very suspicious that the theft happened on a day the manager was in early and had shut off the alarm IMO.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
That sucks.... I have been eyeing up a Barrett .338 Lapua full on sniper rifle with bipod and the biggest azz scope I have ever seen. It looks like that was one of the guns taken by the video I watched on Global. Very suspicious that the theft happened on a day the manager was in early and had shut off the alarm IMO.

I agree. Wtf Is he doing there at 4 am ? I agree. Should have bars on front doors at least. I was looking at the bushmaster xm 15 they had.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so he got 2 guns with high end optics ???? 10000 doesn't go to far

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9 handguns would most likely cover the 10G. If memory serves me correct those handguns were all Glocks in that far left display case he cleaned out.

Andrew.L

Reaction score
$10,000 is probably Cabela's loss ������
All those guns are worth $10,000 total but they sell them
to us for $10,000 per gun lmao.

Yeah I get it a few guns were stolen. But really, I doubt they will end up "on the streets"
Anyone who shops at Cabela's or Bass Pro knows their "fancy guns" are in the display cases.
So either someone knew what they were looking for and grabbed a good amount of goodies
at the same time.
Or
Some thug plans on using the Lapua .338 to assassinate Trudeau and Notley from a distance ����

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inside job.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i call bullsyit inside job all the way,our shop in calgary had door alarms so if anyone came in while you were in the back they went off,that place would have motion sensors on all corners and the office would have control of all of them,plus the video alarm should of went off on his computer in the office.we are talking about a GUN SHOP they don't cheap out on security and if they did they should be fined or loose there licence to sell fire arms.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i call bullsyit inside job all the way,our shop in calgary had door alarms so if anyone came in while you were in the back they went off,that place would have motion sensors on all corners and the office would have control of all of them,plus the video alarm should of went off on his computer in the office.we are talking about a GUN SHOP they don't cheap out on security and if they did they should be fined or loose there licence to sell fire arms.
I nearly all large retail locations the only video feed is to the loss prevention office not the store manager. Motion sensors are only going to go off if the alarm is armed.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what a store manager makes to what he would have gotten from a crook for 10g in guns in all reality unlikely it was an inside job.
Considering the jail time he would get and the crook would own his azz for job#2 when needed.

I would say crooks knew fom watching he comes in early and new alarm would be off or else the crack heads didn't give a fawk.

Just a part of the rise in crime.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards inside job but dumb chit luck for the thief is another possibility. Either way they should have secure shutters on the front door and the manager should have entered through a man door with deadbolt and FOB access.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see it being an inside job. If it were and the manager was in on it, I'm sure the last place he would want to be is at the scene of the crime.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like the bi,ch that killed her mother in lethbridge and went on tv pretending to cry, just because her mother would not give her any money,crime comes in all different ways but in the end someone will tell their story to the wrong person

Top Bottom